New Wheels and Tires Ordered

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
So I saw a coupon yesterday for $100 off spending $400 or more on tires at Discount Tire Direct on Ebay. So I finally got off my ass and ordered new wheels and tires. Since 2 tires were put on my Stang in 94 and the other 2 in 2004.

So $1k on tires and wheels got me this. Its gonna be good times when I get back to the states. Lots of work to do.

Ansen Sprint 17x8 and 17x9

BFG Sport Comp 2

275/40r17

235/45r17

For those wondering the Coupon is good till 15 October and seems to be for any tires Discount Tire Direct sells on Ebay. You just have to spend over $400

CMOTORS14

untitled.png

untitled1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they will look good and just the right size for our cars.

I can't thank yall enough for the wealth of tire and wheel info around here. I think the hardest part was finding tires that were the same manufacturer and model front and rear.

Just curious, why 45's up front and 40's rear. I would put them on both ends to soften the ride up a hair. I have 225/40's on 17x8 and 245/40's on 17x10's and the hard bumps will rattle your teeth.

Just curious, why 45's up front and 40's rear. I would put them on both ends to soften the ride up a hair. I have 225/40's on 17x8 and 245/40's on 17x10's and the hard bumps will rattle your teeth.

Keep in mind it is a 275/40r17 so it is 30mm wider than your tires. When I input everything into a tire calculator the fronts are stock height if I remember right. The rears I ordered are about 8mm taller. So the sidewall should be ok I hope. Plus I was limited on tire size and brand when trying to find matching front and rears. Little harder than I originally thought. I plan to lower the front an inch or so next year also. I will update this when I get home and get them installed and go far a ride. I am used to the ride on vehicles with 17-20 inch rims so I don't expect any surprises in ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense, I did not use any science to make my choice. May have to go up a size in front in back to raise the car a hair because the headers are close to the ground on up ramps into parking lots. I put Dynamat all over my car and that really quieted road noise.

Makes sense, I did not use any science to make my choice. May have to go up a size in front in back to raise the car a hair because the headers are close to the ground on up ramps into parking lots. I put Dynamat all over my car and that really quieted road noise.

When I got the car it had a set of modified blackjack headers on it and I had the same problem. I switched over to Tri-Y's with a bit of work and no more clearance issues. Prior to ordering the wheels and tires I put alot of time on here reading your threads amongst many others to find what the happy spot was for 17's. Haven't gone the route of sound deadening yet. I have a roll in the storage I should put to good use some day though.

Is your car a 302? Looked for tri Y headers and could not find any for a 351C.

Back