NEWB from Wis.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome from a relocated cheese head. Grew up in Kenosha and found my 72' there. Now live in TN and do not miss the snow and could one bit. Cost of living is also better down here. Leaves a little more money to spend on the cars.
About 2 mos. of winter would be alright, but 5 or 6 does get old. I'm actually headed to get the Mach out today for the first time finally. I have to put in a new gas tank and figure out why the fuel gauge isn't working. Also doing some rewiring in the engine bay to clean it up some. Thanks for all the compliments! They would've been nice to hear in the 3year project! Man, can a guy really get discouraged when going as far as I did. I need to see progress, otherwise it drives me crazy and by the end.........I was crazy! lol.

It's still far from perfect but for my first ever project of that magnitude, virtually by myself with VERY limited knowlege, and done in a garage I'm pretty damn proud of myself.

::welcome::::welcome:: to the site , good to have you here.

Welcome to the club, White! Glad you found us.

I've owned my convertible for about 6 months and with virtually no knowledge or experience, have been able to dismantle every part of the engine:

Empty block.JPG

And now, with the help of the kind folks here at 7173mustangs.com, I'm going to put it back together, hopefully with all the pieces in the right place. :p

Post pics as you go so we can see what you're up to.

Doc

WELCOME aboard and YES, you should be proud of your accomplishment in putting together and/or otherwise working on the car alone. I would say you did GOOD!

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums!

BT

Hey guys, just found out about this forum. Wish I would've known about this 4 years ago when I was restoring my car....Looking forward to getting and giving any advice I can help with.

Here's a couple of pics...
welcome and gotta love the Ansen style slot mags! tough looking scoot!
Those wheels are commonly and affectionately known as "jellybean mags" here in Australia (do they call them that in the US??). Very era specific, and look great on these old Mustangs!
I've heard them called that before and also kidneybean and gasser mags

::welcome:: Nice looking cars! Mine's currently red but will be original white again when paint time comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back