7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a new guy so don't mind me asking if there's any good threads on auto tranys. I had a fmx mated to my 429 ( it took some trickery ) it worked awesome for two seasons of beating with 475-500 fwhp, last year I upgraded to 600 ish hp and it worked great till I melted the clutch packs together and bent the imput shaft ( oops lol ) it was fun. I replaced it with a freshened up c6 with some tricks in it but I'm looking to do a roller bering set up and was courious if anyone was running one and what difrence they noticed

Thanks
You probably want to start a new thread since a lot of folks won't go back into an 'intro' thread.

You are looking at doing roller bearings in a c6? Any additional links or info on this?

Welcome from west central Florida. Like your 429 clone.

I used to live in west Calgary, (Bowness) near Olympic Park and Pastored in the Springbank area--in view of the majestic Rockies.

Don't remember seeing many classic Mustangs in Calgary. You must be a rarity!

Ya bowness is my neibough hood I'm right under the ski jump, as for stangs there seems to be a lot in Calgary there was the international meet a few years ago and there's enough of us for the mustang shop to stay alive,

Thanks

Good to hear from another bowneison

Welcome form coastal Alabama! Nice looking 429. I like the turbines. Good luck with the project. Be sure to add a pin to our member map which is under the Fun Stuff tab at the top of the page.

Hi there figured it was about time I joined up, I rock a 72 Q code Grandé coupe and a clone 71 429 Mach 1. I'm in the Calgary Alberta area if you don't know where that is watch road kill second rancharo episode they drive by us lol anyways I'm I the midst of restoring my Grandé, can't figure weather to go stock (paint stamp ok) or warm it up but keep it classy (not all out drag)? Any thoughts are great don't know how rare/desirable the car is feed back would be great thanks
If keeping it with the Q-code(Hydraulic lifters) but adding some horsepower, like ~ of mine upon an overhaul and mod-opening up the oilers and increasing the compression(however modded further with solid lifters like with the R-code) pushed up the hp and further modifying the clutch assembly to what is called a Ram clutch which is stiffer for more frine tune responsiveness and further with a stiffer lear springs ~ 'monolith springs' as more of ~ corvette 'Gymkana' suspension stiffer that makes it feel like it has even more torque/lbs over what it really has.

image.jpgIt's been a long time, we just jam painted the stang on sat, looks awesome, went with pewter ( factory colour ) it has a 400 4V that I build 10.4:1 comp 519 524 cam fmx tranny purrs like a kitten

It's been a long time, we just jam painted the stang on sat, looks awesome, went with pewter ( factory colour ) it has a 400 4V that I build 10.4:1 comp 519 524 cam fmx tranny purrs like a kitten
Another car cowboy here. LOL My Cleveland has solid lifters and a Lunati Voodoo Cam which the motor rated at 9.5:1 compression and the top loader w/Hurst wide ratio 4 on the floor w/3.5 rear axle plus a Gear Vendors 'Overdrive'. Since it had an Edelbrock (either performer or Air Gap) 4 barrel intake manifold that's rigged for an EFI unit w/700cfm 4 barrel carb however had a bad rating on to the rear wheels so to make up for it, am having a Ram clutch assembly installed for racing sensitivity.So, what kind of hp between engine and rear wheel does your 400 handle.

Latest posts

Back