NICE 73 Mach-1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a 'Buy It Now' of $55K, reserve can't be too much lower. Sure does appear to be really finished well in all the right places.

Would you guys keep the wheels that has now on pictures or put the correct 73 wheels included in the sale?

I really pissed this use car dealer off over the weekend when I sent him mail telling him there were no CJ Cobra Jet 73 Mustangs. I pointed out about 20 items that stick out that are very incorrect for this model and he more or less said I didn't know what I was talking about. Lots of words and lots of pictures do not make the car right. Nothing is really detailed. It is a shiny use car with major issues if you want original. Shiny yes but not restored as he states many times. Did I miss the engine compartment I did not see a pic of the engine except under the car. If you look at the suspension, driveshaft and all that just sprayed semi gloss black not detailed at all. It would have to be taken all apart to do a detail job and there are probably lots of other issue. Note the sorry welds in front floor and a makeshift plate around the gas filler tube. Grande trunk mat, 71 gas cap, no black out paint between the tail lights and honey comb panel, no black out on front bumper. They did not have chrome tips in 73 on exhaust. Has the mach 1 sports interior not what is on the marti. The stripes look painted, rear speaker, air shocks, no detailing in the grill. These guys give the cars a bad name someone buys it thinking they can go to a MCA show and win, NOT with this one. It is a shiny resto mod his version of a full restore.

Now back to work.

I really pissed this use car dealer off over the weekend when I sent him mail telling him there were no CJ Cobra Jet 73 Mustangs. I pointed out about 20 items that stick out that are very incorrect for this model and he more or less said I didn't know what I was talking about. Lots of words and lots of pictures do not make the car right. Nothing is really detailed. It is a shiny use car with major issues if you want original. Shiny yes but not restored as he states many times. Did I miss the engine compartment I did not see a pic of the engine except under the car. If you look at the suspension, driveshaft and all that just sprayed semi gloss black not detailed at all. It would have to be taken all apart to do a detail job and there are probably lots of other issue. Note the sorry welds in front floor and a makeshift plate around the gas filler tube. Grandé trunk mat, 71 gas cap, no black out paint between the tail lights and honey comb panel, no black out on front bumper. They did not have chrome tips in 73 on exhaust. Has the mach 1 sports interior not what is on the marti. The stripes look painted, rear speaker, air shocks, no detailing in the grill. These guys give the cars a bad name someone buys it thinking they can go to a MCA show and win, NOT with this one. It is a shiny resto mod his version of a full restore.

Now back to work.
Yes, you missed the pictures of the "engine compartment".

Ok just missed them my sorry computer. But just like the other areas of the car just shine not done to concourse specs. They could do these cars right for the same cost but they just do not know what they are doing. They are used car salesmen. Great looking car but not correct in any area.

Also look L and R picture under the side "mach 1" body stripe kit.

You want better for this price...
Sorry if I come off to short on this type car but it is not restored it is a resto mod. If he had a line of MCA plaques with Concourse medals that is different. The car would cost more to make right, to original specs, than just doing one from scratch.

I don't understand why they don't do it right if the car is apart spend a few extra days of labor and make it right. The info is out there for all to know. We have a member doing a similar car right now that puts it to shame he is not sharing his progress so I will not call a name. But it will put this car to shame for being original. I am sure he will see this and just keep up the fantastic work.

It is a shiny used car that I would not even consider unless it was $12,000 and then would have to be checked to see what the bones look like.

Latest posts

Back