Nice Score Today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, currently has no flaps, but that will change as my 71 had them and provide an easy way to copy them. I could find these for a human price at the time I did this.

I drove daily in all weather with it, and as far as I can remember the water never been an issue. probably because the water goes to the rear and drips into the base (which is a modified plant thingy that was having the perfect shape I was after)

When I'll be redoing the under side of the scoop inserts with the flaps, I'll prolly add some kind of loover there so some of the potential water could escape by gravity before even enter the plenum.

Lots can be improved, but as far as the basic goal was, its doing the task perfectly. even opening and closing the hood isn't an issue.

found more picts made during the sniper install... you can see the piece alone and the fit on the EFI

gelcoat first, to have the smooth surface (I had only white gelcoat back then, so painted it afterwards, using black gelcoat it would be like any boat, jetski finish once hard) , then reinforced with resin/fiber. As I didn't make the rear side mould, I recall I rolled the gelcoat in 2 session to get it even thick and cut the fiber mesh to match the shape. Did not need much sanding to have flat surface where the screws are. As said, count a good weekend to get it done.

Back