Oil pan?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsnake

Reaction score
My Car
1967,68, and 69 Cougar,
and of course the 71 I am trying to sell!

http://s819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/woodsnake4462838/
I am working on the engine for my 71 mustang. I thought I had everything I needed to put it all together. (the engine) I was wrong. I had an "extra" oil pan in the garage, and so I cleaned it, stripped it, scraped it, and painted it. Then today, when I tried to bolt it on, I found out that I had a nice example, of what I wanted to replace!

So now I'm looking for a new pan. The point of this though, is "what do you do/use to fill the hole in the side of the block, where the dip stick tube goes into the pan?"

Is there a common, easy cheap solution to getting rid of that extra hole?

what engine do you have I have a stock oil pan for a 351c that I am not using. It has a few bumps but was not leaking when I took it off the car. I have a bigger milodon oil pan now so it's up for grabs. I can take a few pics for you if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
what engine do you have I have a stock oil pan for a 351c that I am not using. It has a few bumps but was not leaking when I took it off the car. I have a bigger milodon oil pan now so it's up for grabs. I can take a few pics for you if you want.

It's got a 5.0/302 in it. I went ahead and got a new one online, delivered for 46 bucks, thanks for the reply!

Back