Oil pump torque setting

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omie01

Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
I got an oil pump from Precision Oil Pumps, and also bought their ARP stud kit for it but it did not come with a torque recommendation, does anybody know what I would torque a 3/8" stud, 12 point nut to for a Cleveland oil pump? Is it the same as the bolts? Thank you!!

look up the part at ARP, they have 3 different tensile strength parts so the torques are different for each. Then go here for the torque value.

http://arpinstructions.com/generaltorque.html

Make sure that you use their lube when torqueing the nut. I used all ARP bolts and studs for my build and used their recommendations.

Ok, but are these values for bolts only or nuts on studs too? I think I have the 200,000 studs but have no confirmation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, but are these values for bolts only or nuts on studs too? I think I have the 200,000 studs but have no confirmation.
Look up the part on ARP and at the bottom of that parts page there is a link to the torque specs for that part. I believe that the value is the same for both though.

You should be able to go back to where you got it from and get the part number and then go to the ARP website to find out the stud strength and torque spec. Yes, the stud and nut torque spec should be the same as the same strength bolt, as long as the nut specs match the stud. An ungraded hardware store nut won't work.

Back