Our AMC 66 Rambler Classic pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sydneydrumdr

Reaction score
My Car
1971 SportsRoof 351C 2v C6 auto
[url=https://ibb.co/JkVdWXq][img]https://i.ibb.co/121nYHM/20170923-151415.jpg[/img][/url]
2015 Has been a busy time in the workshop. Here is our Rambler Classic. It was an older restoration that was getting very untidy paint and the rust bubbles over the rear wheel arches was getting worse. We bought this car in 2006 for AU$3500. It has a 287 V8 with 2 barrel Holley carb and 3 speed Aussie Borg Warner auto. It was very straight and drove nicely, with a good interior and not missing anything! Virtually rust free apart from some small areas in the lower rear quarters and wheel arches.

I met with a good friend who had just set up a new spray booth in his workshop after years of borrowing time in one at a local smash shop after hours. He agreed to help me with the prep and rust welding.

We started one summer day after last Christmas here in Sydney and quickly realised that the old paint wasn't going to fall off like we first thought. The 80's two pack that had baked in the sun for over 30 years needed some chemical help to shift it. New screen rubbers and a new colour scheme, along with polished stainless trim parts, new front bar, taillight lenses, tyres, added sunvisor and Wimbledon White roof

Pics show the project condensed down to a collage an then the final product below, on the way to it's first wedding engagement.

2rghuex.jpg

ta60wg.jpg
[/size]

Since I grew up in AMC's home town of Kenosha, WI and my Dad worked their for his entire career the old AMC's will forever be special to me. Good job saving another one. The stories I could share about AMC products. AMX, Rebel Machine, Rambler Scrambler, AMX prototypes, Gremlins with Audi engines from the factory, etc...

Latest posts

Back