Paint color

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as long as it is not this color
pink.jpg
:D
Sorry Thunder that was meant at Ken only:D
LOL Gotta remember Roy.....the yellow mustang contingent on the forum is pretty big!

Thunder.....thanks for stepping in!

They are all some great color, well minus that pink. Great idea and the lines run smooth just a little rich for my blood. I think if I can get the right painter to hit it up I will stay with the factory color, but still to early to tell right now.

Sorry Thunder that was meant at Ken only:D
LOL Gotta remember Roy.....the yellow mustang contingent on the forum is pretty big!

Yeah but you gotta remember I'm from the South supposedly we aint smart enough to be SCEERD

Not touching that one......we Northun boys know when to keep our mouths shut!:whistling:

Yeah but you gotta remember I'm from the South supposedly we aint smart enough to be SCEERD

Not touching that one......we Northun boys know when to keep our mouths shut!:whistling:
LOLrofl

Yeah all jokes aside i think when it comes down to it factory is the way to go, and maybe add the hood paint with flat black

Ok, on a more serious note:

My personal opinion (which coincides with general consensus) is that if the car is something special, like a Boss 351, full options Mach 1, rare engine/tranny combo (Shelbys on the older vintages) and the like, you stay with the factory color.

If it´s just one of the other thousands of ordinary cars, you do whatever you like.

Now the Argent is not a bad color at all! With some stripes and the blacked out hood, it can look real sharp.

Plus it will never go out of style, which may seem irrelevant at the first moment but, remember, you´ll probably have this car for long time.

When I had mine refinished, it was red. Going back to the original Medium Brown was a huge No-Go for me, so opted for the yellow it sports now. Reason was that after the years I had had a red car, I wanted to have something else for all the money I was gonna spend, hence the change to a color I really liked.

But I would be lying, if I said that I did not get weary of the flashy yellow on some days. Then again, I think it looks real good. (See above under "going out of style")

So, bottom line is: You´re spending money, so you should have a result that you like, not one dictated by some obscure rules made up by the vintage police.:)

First thing you gotta do, is make up your mind and decide what you want it to be like.

Flashy? Maybe a Grabber color?

Classy? Dark blue or black?

Discreet? Gray, argent?

Tribute car? Bond Mach1, Eleanor?

Know what I mean?

:)

By the way, mine was meant to be sort of a Mustang replica of the Nash Bridges Cuda! :)

nah nice color, I am back and forth and I am not even close to paint. The problem around military towns is that everyone says they are a painter, but I have seen a lot of work and wow, from crows feet, orange peel or simple lack of painting. I saw a guy that was bragging about his mustang and I got to check it out and he missed the door jams under the hood and all the bottom body pieces had sags. Just sad really to pay that much and get shottie work

My car is Yellow Gold and a 71 coupe I had was Grabber Yellow. The Yellow Gold looks great but I changed the interior to black from ginger and plan on doing the exterior in metallic gray. Chevy has a color called Cyber Gray that looked great on a vette so I was leaning towards that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being military when I had my car painted, I've experienced both ends of the spectrum. Sad to think that no one cares about attention to detail, but that's what good paint jobs require and it seems to cost a premium these days. You need to find someone enthusiastic about painting your car and not a shop that cares primarily about collision work.

Stick with the grabber colors.

cars09004.jpg

Magnum500s011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that is a awesome lookiing car, Yeah you know how it is around these places, too many shade tree mech. I know the paint is what will make or break this car, and if that body work is short cahnged even the greatest painter wont be able to fix it. It will be a little while before I get anything sprayed on her but I am always looking for the right place to do it.

Back