Paint color

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the owner of an ORIGINAL GOLD 1970 XR7 with BROWN TOP and BROWN Interior, I can tell you:

1. It is a pain in the butte to change the color, because you have to worry about door sills, under trunk lid, lower body, front valence, under hood, and on and on and on.

2. Changing the color was one of the best things I ever did because

2.1 It would irritate me to spend the time to wash/wax my car and end up looking at something so ugly.

2.2 If someone really wants the original color, they can always change it back.

2.3 Why spend that cash on something you do not like?

Go to shows, find a Mustang that is the color YOU WANT, ask the owner what the color is, and GET IT DONE.

Life is short...ENJOY THE COLOR OF YOUR MUSTANG...screw what everyone else thinks...including me.

RE: Paint color

As the owner of an ORIGINAL GOLD 1970 XR7 with BROWN TOP and BROWN Interior, I can tell you:

1. It is a pain in the butte to change the color, because you have to worry about door sills, under trunk lid, lower body, front valence, under hood, and on and on and on.

Is there any other way:huh:

RE: Paint color

Is there any other way:huh:
Changing color or not a top notch paint job would include painting all those areas.

Being military when I had my car painted, I've experienced both ends of the spectrum. Sad to think that no one cares about attention to detail, but that's what good paint jobs require and it seems to cost a premium these days. You need to find someone enthusiastic about painting your car and not a shop that cares primarily about collision work.

Stick with the grabber colors.

cars09004.jpg

Magnum500s011.jpg
What a great looking Mustang.Its going to be so hard to paint mine back to red.Just look at this Mach1. Yellow is the color hands down.I haven't said that before.

There is one local that is on it, they however are trying to talk me into house of colors paint. I told him if I am paying he is putting factory color on it. He tried to be a smartperson about it, but I think he got the point when I showed him the car. I think the fumes was getting to this guy,lol.....

There is one local that is on it, they however are trying to talk me into house of colors paint. I told him if I am paying he is putting factory color on it. He tried to be a smartperson about it, but I think he got the point when I showed him the car. I think the fumes was getting to this guy,lol.....
Unless you are painting a low rider with all sorts of red candies and ghost effects with metallic flakes out the wazoo, then you certainly don't need House of Kolor paints.

When I had my GT painted I had a difficult time convincing the painter that I just wanted it stock. Satin trim, no ghost flames, etc.

My Mach 1 is painted in single stage paint. Just like it was originally. It was difficult there again as they all want to shoot basecoat-clearcoat as its much easier for them.

Yeah some of these guys like trying to get the head turner paint jobs with all the designs, and I think they feel left out not being able to put there spin on it. Oh well it is my cash and my car, I just want it done right. It is going to be alittle while but I will continue my search till I find that right guy. I might have to sweet talk Q into painting it,lol .......

House of Kolor is WAY too expensive. Like someone else said, if you aren't doing candy coats (lowrider style, etc), it may be overkill. We painted my car with PPG paint, and I have no complaints whatsover.

JUST DON'T GO TO MAACO!

I get what you're saying about the originality of single stage paint on these cars... but there's no way I'd paint a metallic color without clear... The protection of the clear is light years superior, and, you can actually cut and buff the car, which you can't with a single stage metallic.

Back