• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Parts Wanted List - 72 Sport Coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Fastback 351C M-Code 4v
Here is my current need list, I will remove items as I obtain.

Ignition Lock Cylinder Spring Clip (I bought one on ebay for $8, I need a 2nd one)
Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 6.40.43 PM.png
Ignition switch actuator rod (mine looks like a bent coat hanger someone rigged up)
Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 6.40.27 PM.png

Passenger side SHOCK TOWER BRACE (I have the drivers side)
Front side marker lights Left and Right
Rear side marker lights Left and Right
Passenger Front valance marker light (I have the driver side)
valfront.jpg
Chrome Front Fender extensions Left and Right
Chrome Hood Trim (I have a beat up one but most of the pegs are gone)
Rear spoiler pedestals
a few front valance bolts/clips
a few lower front fender bolts/clips under the car
Wiper switch
Fusible link on the yellow hot wire feeding the dash, located right next to the Voltage regulator (someone cut mine and bypassed)
Wiring adaptor to run the mach1 sport lamps from a non mach1 wiring harness
1972 mach grille support bracket

I have a new OEM chrome front hood lip. Problem is I am about to leave town for a week, and can’t deal with it right now. If you haven’t found one in a week, let me know…I am near Atlanta.

I have 2 out of 3. One chrome fender extension and hood trim from my 72 parts car many moons ago. The other 71/72 fender extension I have laying around is primer colored. I have no clue if there's chrome under the paint or not. The chrome ones are driver quality. 50yr old, with some pitting.

Located in Augusta, GA. If you can get me a painted hood trim piece, you can have the chrome one off my car and the fender extensions.

1717338796554.png

Last edited:
I have 2 out of 3. One chrome fender extension and hood trim from my 72 parts car many moons ago. The other 71/72 fender extension I have laying around is primer colored. I have no clue if there's chrome under the paint or not. The chrome ones are driver quality. 50yr old, with some pitting.

Located in Augusta, GA. If you can get me a painted hood trim piece, you can have the chrome one off my car and the fender extensions.

View attachment 89312
Interesting proposition. Does your hood trim, and the chrome passenger extension have the studs intact for mounting ? I have a brand new black hood trim

Interesting proposition. Does your hood trim, and the chrome passenger extension have the studs intact for mounting ? I have a brand new black hood trim
All the studs are on the corner trim pieces. I popped the hood, and 3 of the studs have left the chat on the hood molding. The ones on each end are there. Its missing 3 of the center ones.

All the studs are on the corner trim pieces. I popped the hood, and 3 of the studs have left the chat on the hood molding. The ones on each end are there. Its missing 3 of the center ones.
Thanks GiantPune for checking. I also have a chrome hood trim in the exact condition (still has a few studs left). I will need to keep looking

Here is my current need list, I will remove items as I obtain.

Ignition Lock Cylinder Spring Clip (I bought one on ebay for $8, I need a 2nd one)
View attachment 88963
Ignition switch actuator rod (mine looks like a bent coat hanger someone rigged up)
View attachment 88964

Passenger side SHOCK TOWER BRACE (I have the drivers side)
Front side marker lights Left and Right
Rear side marker lights Left and Right
Passenger Front valance marker light (I have the driver side)
View attachment 88965
Chrome Front Fender extensions Left and Right
Chrome Hood Trim (I have a beat up one but most of the pegs are gone)
Rear spoiler pedestals
a few front valance bolts/clips
a few lower front fender bolts/clips under the car
Wiper switch
Fusible link on the yellow hot wire feeding the dash, located right next to the Voltage regulator (someone cut mine and bypassed)
Wiring adaptor to run the mach1 sport lamps from a non mach1 wiring harness
1972 mach grille support bracket
Sorry for the delay..just go back from travel….pulled the chrome hood trim out of the basement for some pictures….

It’s an OEM “Ford Service Part”, not aftermarket. It’s “new never installed“. The posts are intact and never touched by a nut.

Full disclosure, it’s not perfect. It has many many small pits. And a few other marks. That might be glue residue .. I don’t know if they will buff out completely. I am not going to attempt to polish it or anything, I want it to be obvious what the condition is. I wiped the storage dust and pits in a few places with a wet paper towel and they diminished a good bit. Depending on viewing angle, they are either obvious, or nearly invisible.

Pics attached, one is the chrome without a moist wipe. The rest are various angles to show after a damp wipe.

If you are interested, PM are and we can work out a price and shipping. 😀

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_5002.jpeg
    IMG_5002.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4996.jpeg
    IMG_4996.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4998.jpeg
    IMG_4998.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4994.jpeg
    IMG_4994.jpeg
  • IMG_4995.jpeg
    IMG_4995.jpeg
  • IMG_4993.jpeg
    IMG_4993.jpeg
  • IMG_4992.jpeg
    IMG_4992.jpeg
  • IMG_4991.jpeg
    IMG_4991.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4990.jpeg
    IMG_4990.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4989.jpeg
    IMG_4989.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4997.jpeg
    IMG_4997.jpeg
Also, found these markings on back of packaging, so it’s a 1998 part??

Attachments

• IMG_5003.jpeg
    IMG_5003.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5004.jpeg
    IMG_5004.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Also, I realized I have a passenger side chrome fender extension, but not driver…..it’s also in decent shape, minor nicks and chrome is nice but not perfect. It’s an original ford part, was installed on car when I bought it.

Attachments

• IMG_5005.jpeg
    IMG_5005.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5006.jpeg
    IMG_5006.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5007.jpeg
    IMG_5007.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5008.jpeg
    IMG_5008.jpeg