People tend to know better then yourself

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lux-Mike,

You seem like a pretty relaxed guy!

I just can't help myself sometimes when I run into those "know- nothing know-it-alls" and usually confront them on thier prideful ignorance. Usually ends badly.

If I could just learn to bite my tongue...

A couple of good ones.

I'm at a show with a Cobra and someone asked " What kind of mileage does it get?" I paused and replied, I don't know and I don't care. It's a Cobra. There is a Vega at the end of the row that might more interesting to you." He left seeking out the Vega.

Again at a show. My 69 Cougar was parked in the middle of several Mopars, everyone's hood is open. A guy walks up, studies the engine bay for several seconds and asks, "Why did you put a Ford engine in a Mopar?" I responded, " Well I just had it laying around and thought why not." He looked at me with disapproval and walked away shaking his head.

For 72MustangSVH's benefit, it and does have a Boss 302 in it. It is an original G code Eliminator.:p

Chuck

Yup. I normaly run into people who have to tell me all about the 351 cleveland " more than the car" Seems most car guys seem to think they know all about the 351 cleveland. Tell that the big heads had oiling issues, or it's just a 302 with W heads. And how it is not a good racing motor for various reasons. I usualy tell them you don't know anything about a cleveland ;) . but sometimes i bite my tounge. Like the old good book says, why preach apon death ears? Waste of time for everyone.

People who walk out of the blue up to my car, mostly say " is that a 69 mach 1?" I say nope it's a 73 mach 1, and then they look confused " cause they was told 73 mach 1's are ugly and fat" I have defended my car's honor from many walk ups..but if they don't want to lisin to me i won't lisin to them. lol. I do run into alot of people who claim to know everything about it, 90% been very wrong, unless you live and breath these cars, it is hard to know every little thing about them. and 351 cleveland had a short life span, not everyone worked on one and most just heard myths about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had people look at my car at cruise nights and tell me "Hey man, I know the dude you bought this car from...you got in Tampa, right?".

I'll say "No, I'm the original owner."

Thier response was "No, I'm pretty sure this is the car."

Me: "???"

This is funny. I went for a run with a few blokes I know a 34 3wcoupe a 32 5w coupe and a 39 chev sedan delivery my Stock 73 H code Mach. We stopped at a local club for lunch after I ordered my meal I went back outside and a bloke was looking at my car. I stopped next to him and he started too give me the history of the car where,what,how, the spoilers hav been taken off but it's still got the mighty BOSS 351 you know the Windsor engine with clevo heads etc etc BS BS. So I said is it your car then he gave a bit of a non committal nod then I asked him well can you move so I can get my phone out of it :D. Jumped in it got my phone turn to him and Said enjoy the rest of your day old mate. The other guys where very excited for me having the only Boss 351 73 in town. Sometimes I feel like having a couple of big red noses so I can politely hand it to 1 of these clowns and leave. Most people are cool but we don't remember them:) just the occasional penis head that hot cars attract to them.
Best story ever! ::thumb::

Oh, I can just imagine the look on that guys face when you busted him. rofl

You know, this is funny. So how are we? I don't know anything about non-fords and only slightly more about fords. If I stumble upon a really cool barracuda, Yanko, Vette, falcon, thunderbird, superbird, road runner or .... I don't try to impress them with my 'knowledge'. I take a listen and try to learn (with a grain of salt).

Who was it that said 'Better to keep quiet and let them wonder about your intelligence than to say something and remove all doubt'

Back