Pet-Peeve #163...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems that every teenager today has a buddy with a "10-second JDM Civic." Always says he beats every other car out there. I tell them to "bring it 'round...we'll run it against my 45-year old stone-age car, and I'll show you how a legitimate 13-second car can kick the shit out of a fanatasy 10-second car."

Nothing but lame excuses from that point forward, usually.

Last edited:
My car needs body work and paint, no one challenges a junker.

People sometimes ride my a** and then I give it a little pedal,

when they finally catch up....

I was pulled over for doing 64 in a 40 zone, just cruising along

not paying much attention to the light traffic. The cop told me

he owned a '68 big block Camaro and understood the need to

jump on it. He said "try not to" and left, no ticket.

mike

mike
::beer:: That reminds me of the (sorry) "good old days" back in my small Montana town where the cops knew that a tongue lashing and a call to your mom or dad had more impact than a ticket. One time, after some foolishness with my dad's Plymouth Fury (while he was out of town for a couple weeks) the cop made me surrender my license to him for two weeks. Once during that period, he saw me walking to work and gave me a ride, knowing my situation. Can't imagine that happening these days.

mike
::beer:: That reminds me of the (sorry) "good old days" back in my small Montana town where the cops knew that a tongue lashing and a call to your mom or dad had more impact than a ticket. One time, after some foolishness with my dad's Plymouth Fury (while he was out of town for a couple weeks) the cop made me surrender my license to him for two weeks. Once during that period, he saw me walking to work and gave me a ride, knowing my situation. Can't imagine that happening these days.
Cops are so used to getting yelled at and lied to, when they get a

chance to do a citizen a favor they go for it. He did give me a fix-it

ticket because I did not have current insurance papers in the car.

The car was insured but I did not have the papers with me as required by

by DMV code. You get a letter from the court and return a check for

$25 with proof you had insurance at the time of the incident.

At 24MPH over the limit, he could have impounded the car.

mike

Last edited by a moderator:
My light blue convertible doesn't attract much 'run me' attention. But I have, on rare occasion, protected my lane against a 'right lane ends' challenge.

The fun story is my girlfriends 401 4bbl AMC Jeep with 4.x gears against a mid 80's corvette. At the time the corvette was 'new'. Not the best years for them. At the stop light she blew him away. We (my now wife and I) still chuckle about that to this day.

I've noticed over time that the young generation of Mustangers really love their cars just like us old timers. Meanwhile only a hand full relate to the old classics. I've noted a quite a few times I've pulled up beside a newer Ford with Mustang logos, I'm sitting there and ANYBODY can hear my car popping off each cylinder in quite the ear catching fashion.... these guys sit there looking straight head NEVER looking over. I laugh to myself as I imagine the thought going through their head.... "if I dont make eye contact maybe he wont notice I'm driving a newer Ford with Mustang logos on it and want to race.
Lol. maybe it was at night and they thought you where the ghost of mustangs past. Either that or you need to stop driving nekkid :p

Back