MCA Concourse Blue Medallion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Just received the email from MCA that they have approved my receipt of the Concourse Blue Medallion to be awarded at the 60th Anniversary Celebration in Birmingham, AL at the beginning of April 2024. I find it ironic that the cars first showing was at the 50th in Charlotte back in 2014 and the car will be retired from Concourse showing at the 60th. It has definitly been a very rewarding 10 year journey. I have experienced opportunities and met great people along the way. It was a personal goal to complete the concourse restoration to the first car I fell in love with at 14 years old and acquired at 15. It was a rusted out jalopy that most people stated at best was a parts car. That was not an option in my mind and I have been fortunate enough to be able to hold on to the car for 40 years and learn along every step of the process. If you have the right motivation I encourage you to set your goals and stick to them. It is always easier to change your goals, but not as rewarding. In 2009, when I set out for the full resto, I knew it was not going to be easy but it was attainable. I do not think of myself as an unlimited budget kind of car person. My car hobby has always been a high priority, but does not out weigh the enjoyment of life and time with family. Looking forward to the next chapter of life with the 72 going into Conservator class with the MCA and starting to move some of my focus and finances towards the next build of the show car 68 Mercury Cyclone. This will be a whole new learning curve.

Congrats! Well deserved indeed. So, just how big of an FE is going into the Cyclone? You are very fortunate to have Blair helping you. Keep us updated on the build. Chuck

Congrats! Well deserved indeed. So, just how big of an FE is going into the Cyclone? You are very fortunate to have Blair helping you. Keep us updated on the build. Chuck
Thank you Chuck.

Plans have changed on the Cyclone a bit. Seriously started looking into other options following the feedback from others of how far I wanted to take the FE versus pulling the hammer on a Coyote. I am sure you know what path that takes you down...... All said and done, by the time I finished talking to a bunch of late model big power motor guys, the discussion slid to Godzilla and then Megazilla. Right now awaiting Fords release on pricing and over the counter availability on the Megazilla. Long term plan on the build is mirrored twin 60 turbos, but that will probably be a few years after the car is done and running with the 625 HP 650 Tq. For an old guy that maybe enough.

Congratulations indeed! I'd like to see your car and perhaps will get the chance at the 60th. Enjoy your Cyclone build and add a thread in the Other Vehicles forum so we can follow along.

Back