Photos of Marti for 1973 Mach 1 one owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Don of OMS had asked me to put the Marti report for my Mach 1 up. I think it is out there somewhere but he could not find it. I cannot post the electronic version since it went with a computer crash. I have the hard copy he sent and took pics of it. He did cheat some. The original window sticker is two pages and so is the dealer invoice and the factory invoice. He claimed he had no way of doing the Elite Mart as two pages. I think he just did not want to spring for the larger frame and matt, so he compressed it to fit on one page, lol.

Excuse the pics my good camera died and the auto focus on this one works and does not work has a mind of it's own and I have no mind. 

So some pics of the factory invoice I had in story board with the car at the MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum. They made me take it down said it made people stay too long, DA.

For those that think it is special because it is a one of one. He makes every Elite Marti he does come out so the car is a 1 of 1. It is possible by how he compares the info. He made mine 1 of 1 by it being the only Mach 1 with Forged Aluminum Wheels that had what Ford called a Ginger vinyl roof. Again Marti created a new name for it and called it Ginger Kiwi which you will not find anywhere on the paperwork or in Ford advertising. When you are the only source you do what you want. It is I guess a triple Ginger Mustang. I did get up in my attic and took a pic down so you can get a good view of the original hood black. If I remember right it is out of center by 7/16" if you measure it so do not get to upset if your painter is off 1/8". Remember this car has not been washed with running water in 38 years only wet and wrung out micro fiber towels. The paint has not been buffed either. I only use Collinite canned paste wax and have since back in early 70's. It was developed for marine applications and really protects the paint. You do not have to wax over and over if you do not wash the wax off no need to put more. Link to their web site. https://www.collinite.com/product/no-885-fleetwax-paste/

The vinyl top has leather cleaner and regular wax brown shoe polish on it, it is by chance Kiwi brand. It is original and car sat in open pole barn for 37 years while life took control of my time. 

I could spend more weeks cleaning but not going to time to move on to something else. 

If I get the hard drive pulled from the dead computer and get the digital copy of the Marti I will post it if I can . I could never get the digital copy of the 73 Grande to load. 

With the options I added to the car that are Ford dealer options there are either 41 or 42 options on the car. Marti did view the car when he was at the MOM last April for the Grand Opening. He did a rush job on the report since it was at the MOM.

The car will go to a new home soon I am sure. I am falling apart very fast and my family has zero interest in old cars they want new. That is what will keep the values of these cars down supply and demand. 

Ah Ha, I just figured out how Marti compressed the window sticker to one. He actually left off some of the options that are under the Mach 1 package. Going from memory should have said all vinyl seats, trim rings and hub caps. Notice the Factory Invoice has 5 items with NC and his Marti has only 3. Not fair.

Can't get all options on one. If you get AM / 8 Track can't get AM / FM etc. I did forget the block heater, door edge guards and that is about it coming from the factory. I got the rear floor mats which you could not order from factory, ram air that was not available on 4-V, dual point centrifugal advance distributor, dealer added when I complained about performance. Added the front spoiler that none got from factory but the Boss, cable attached gas cap, original had no cable, locking spare tire, only available from factory with protection group and could not get on Mach 1. Vanity mirror on the passenger sun visor, undercoating which is on the original Ford order. Would have to go look at list with car to see what I missed. 

The first order that went in also included non factory color of paint. When they called and told me that it would have the Argent front bumper I changed to stock color. 

The options were so cheap but most dealers wanted stock cars on the lot with low prices so they moved fast. The dealer made me put bigger deposit on the car he said he could never sell it if I did not take it.

When you find a car with lots of options it was probably ordered by someone not just the dealer. 

I was a tool & die maker and would work a second job at times to make extra. I could pull in an extra $1,000 a week doing gauge work at another shop. So 5 weeks pay to buy a loaded car, do that today. I did finance if for 18 months.

Mine has quite similar color and tech specs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back