Probably last show this year but fantastic weather.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Got a message from our local mustang club president. The club put on a special bring any make or model car show to raise some money for the recent hurricane victims in Florida and Texas. It brought in over $3,700 and the local Ford dealer allowed their used car lot to be the parking area.

Some great cars as usual. There were two of the mustangs my friend Clay Parham did from ground up. The white 68 mustang fastback with 428 and top loader won best overall and the black 67 coupe won best paint. All of his cars are perfect mechanical and body when they leave his shop. The guy with the white one has a 69 Firebird HO in his shop right now. He usually gets from low $80,000 to high $90,000 for a show stopper car. The white car came from a junk yard that had already cut the front frame rails out of the car so all he got was part of a mustang. It was also a SB car and he converted to BB for the owner, what he wanted. He is a Dr. in town.

There was also the Ferrari red 73 Mach 1. An older woman brought out. Her departed husband had a restoration shop in Florida and did the car in lacquer back in the 80's and is still holding up. It won the best custom paint. He daughter did the air brush parrot on the hood. Story on it was they had at the shop in the office and when someone would leave it would tell them "Pay your bill" as they walked out.

All awards were people choice so no formal judging just everyone who entered got to vote for 6 cars so you were being looked at by owners of all makes and models.

I took the 73 yellow vert even with the leaking brake booster just took it easy. Had quite a few people say they had never seen one, did not get any award lots of really nice cars.

It was in the 70's and a great day for a show. There were some BB drag cars there and was good to see others all get together for a good cause.

The 428 is real and has the big top loader. Marti had to make a new dash tag for the car had the dash taken out in the junk yard so it was gone. Lucky door tag still there and got a title. It cost $500 for a new dash tag that costs pennies to make.

Today we are getting inches of rain here.

When I worked at a lawn equipment mfg we tested down in south Florida. We mowed orange groves just to get hours on the mowers. I went down once to do some testing on new blade configurations and there were  parrots and the big white bird with curved feathers on top. It would follow me around in the orchard and would stand on a tree limb and let itself go upside down and call to me as I went past. There was a nest on a power pole on the transformer that had what looked like African Grays in it.

Guy that worked there said they get out of a bird thing in the neighborhood.

Back