progress

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rentascout

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach One
I am almost done getting that primer off some of it really seams like it is sunk into the paint it is not coming off like it should.

I am also having a issue removing all that surface rust. I tried the Vin trick that Scott gave me but every time I take off the napkin it leaves a bigger area to clean and it is not sanding down right, I am sure it works I just need to do it more and with this car Ill be a sme when I am done.

I should be painting tomorrow or monday, now since I have to put grease and wax remover on the car and let it dry is it safe to say that I need to put it on my filler as well. I know you do not want to use thinner but it seems to make sense because you want it to be clean prior to painting.

Rust bullet is in the mail with my evercoat, so it is now simply waiting. My long board sander broke on me and again that primer is killing me, it really makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong, but Ill be glad when it is on so I never have to deal with it again

"I should be painting tomorrow or monday, now since I have to put grease and wax remover on the car and let it dry is it safe to say that I need to put it on my filler as well. I know you do not want to use "

You should wipe the wax and grease remover of with a clean dry cloth while it is still wet. Otherwise it leaves a film that may mess up the adhesion of the paint. Do this just before you paint. Chuck

Here are the fenders with one coat of rust bullet still have a few layers but looks good and cleans up pretty easy

oszs7m.jpg

v4v0au.jpg

Latest posts

Back