Project Drift

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
Well, a few of you know that I was planning a Jeep CJ build. I'm working with a good friend on it, but we have been finishing up his rat rod and fixing my Mustang to try and have the shop space clear for the project.

Cruising Craigslist I picked up a Lincoln LS rear suspension-it was priced right at a $100.00 being complete with disc brakes and the cradle. We wrapped it up and tossed it behind the shop to store it.

We pulled a working powerglide out of the rat and set it aside and Tommy put in a 4 speed automatic.

Again on Craigslist a complete 366 BBC showed up freshly rebuilt with shorty headers and most of the accessories. We figured to put it in the jeep, but . . .

We started thinking about some of the rat jeeps out there and the project morphed into just using the Jeep tub and making a 2x4 tube frame. . .

so we needed a front suspension- another Craigslist score! We found a nearly complete Corvette C-4 front suspension for $250.00

So as we get within about 30 days of our build start, we both see on craigslist a Model A roadster body-it is fiberglass and we have both seen the work of the maker in the past,quality is pretty good and the price . . .

$500.00.

It is riding on the back of Tommy's truck right now to the shop and I'll go up after work to help unload it.

So, we now have two projects for future entertainment.

The Model A roadster with a dump truck motor, power glide transmission, fully independent suspension and disc brakes all around is the first on the list

Some version of a jeep comes thereafter (unless someone buys the parts . . .)

Back