Props and Ponies 2012-Bellingham, WA Airport

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code Mach 1. I am the second owner.
August 18 is the third annual Props and Ponies car show. Each participant gets a picture of their car in front of a P-51 Mustang. Very fun show and the museum flies antique airplanes overhead all day.

Unfortunately they only have room at the airport for 85 cars and registration was full in just a little over a day. My wife and I have two cars entered.

Below is the link to the event and a picture of the organizers car with the VAL-HALLA. We are doing the car show. We will not be able to attend the Friday cruise as I have a prior commitment :(

http://www.heritageflight.org/content/visit/calendar-special-events/props-ponies/

I think the cost for spectators is $5.

For those interested I will post the details for next years show as soon as it opens.

553538_271696842930610_1689918580_n.jpg

Props and Ponies was fun. A lot windier and cooler than anyone expected. I got 1st place in the Classic Stock Fastback class. Nice selection of cars I was the only 71-73 (not unusual). What was unusual was there were no 68, 69 or 70's. There were 2 78 Cobra's from Canada, very nice cars.

They flew 3 P-51's at once today but they did not fly as much as usual because of the wind.

100_0653.JPG

100_0634.JPG

100_0651.JPG

100_0628.JPG

100_0644.JPG

100_0656.JPG

100_0666.JPG

Congratulations on the win! Those look like some really cool trophies. Man, I love those pictures in front of the planes. I wish I could find one in this area to take a snapshot in front of. The P-51 along with the F-4 have been my favorite planes. Really cool photos of cars to put on the wall.

Congratulations on the win! Those look like some really cool trophies. Man, I love those pictures in front of the planes. I wish I could find one in this area to take a snapshot in front of. The P-51 along with the F-4 have been my favorite planes. Really cool photos of cars to put on the wall.
Thanks. I will be ordering some prints to frame.

LOL I can show you scars on my back from the famous F4s. Also my favorite plane. They used to have one on static display at the entrance to the old Myrtle Beach AFB but it was gone this year.

LOL I can show you scars on my back from the famous F4s. Also my favorite plane. They used to have one on static display at the entrance to the old Myrtle Beach AFB but it was gone this year.
I worked on EA-6B's back in the day. We called it the station wagon as it seated 4. Not as sexy looking as the F-4.

Back