Quick question for you Drag Racers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 429 cu. in. C6 Auto
2007 Mustang GT Convertible 2002 Lincoln Continental
2006 Toyota Corolla S Type
2006 Honda Goldwing
Hey Gang, I'm putting my battery in the trunk and have a question.

Do the tracks have a specification on which side on the rear that the kill switch is placed?

Almost forgot 1 more question

push off pull on

or

pull off push on

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an article that maybe informative but may not be current. http://www.foureyedpride.com/caprirs/RearMountBatteryInstallation.htm If you are going racing you need to get a rule book and study it. Then submit any questions you have to the sanctioning body and the tech inspectors at the track you intend to race at most frequently. It wlll save you time, money, effort, and frustration. Chuck

Never ask. Had mine on the left side push off
I was going to put it on the right side but when I was welding the mounting bracket up I welded the plate on the wrong side! Sooooo guess I'll be putting it on the left side!

Here is an article that maybe informative but may not be current. http://www.foureyedpride.com/caprirs/RearMountBatteryInstallation.htm If you are going racing you need to get a rule book and study it. Then submit any questions you have to the sanctioning body and the tech inspectors at the track you intend to race at most frequently. It wlll save you time, money, effort, and frustration. Chuck
Thanks for the link! I plan on just bracket racing it for now but may end running it in a class sooner or later! I've been meaning to go to the strip one weekend and picking up a rule book! The track I'll be going to mostly is Maryland International Raceway about 30 minutes from my house and its an IHRA sanctioned track!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back