Ram Air close the inlet in the aircleaner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the low temp near Stockholm did not cut short your activities!! Well done!

On my 73, I have a modified copy of an original plenum, with an air filter between hood metal and plenum, not visible.
This means I need the scoops to be open all the time (works very well with my sniper). Deep down on my todo, I plan make an electric version of the flappers so they open on key on, and of course close on key off. Totally useless, but want that just for the coolness of it :D

Looking forward to see some vid of your first start next week! ;)

I see the low temp near Stockholm did not cut short your activities!! Well done!

On my 73, I have a modified copy of an original plenum, with an air filter between hood metal and plenum, not visible.
This means I need the scoops to be open all the time (works very well with my sniper). Deep down on my todo, I plan make an electric version of the flappers so they open on key on, and of course close on key off. Totally useless, but want that just for the coolness of it :D

if your flap solenoids are working then you can just add a vacuum solenoid like I did so flaps are open or closed at your command.   

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks , Il hope to get it running next week :)

if your flap solenoids are working then you can just add a vacuum solenoid like I did so flaps are open or closed at your command.   
That is cool way to handle the flappers, nice work.

Btw does anybody knows about a font to use that is the same as the one on the Original decal ? I would like to make my own :)

image.png

Found one that I can use. I think I allready have this in my collection :)

image.png

Back