Random Red and Black Wire found in my door

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccijwright

Reaction score
My Car
1996 Cobra Convert
1973 Mach 1
I was taking my door apart today and found two wires that had been cut off. One red and one black w/ little white dots on it. They seem to pass through a black plastic block on the front of the door. Can any body clue me in on what they might be? Old speaker, power window, etc... Also, I think this is not my original door. Thanks-

sound like speaker wires

is there a speaker hole in the lower front corner

sound like speaker wires

is there a speaker hole in the lower front corner
Yes, passenger door dose not have one which is consistent with stock AM radio. Drivers door is definitely not original. Thanks for the quick response.

Do you have any ideas for re-enforcing the back of the door cover where the medal clips slide in? Like any type of hardener? Thanks-

Do you have any ideas for re-enforcing the back of the door cover where the medal clips slide in? Like any type of hardener? Thanks-
I assume you are talking about reinforcing the press board on the door panel, where the metal spring clips slide into the rectangular hole.

First, I try to repair the hole by putting/shaping/glue the pressboard back as much as I can.

Second, I take 3"x3"x1/16" thick piece of paper or firm(not necessarily stiff) plastic and cut out a square hole to match the door panel. Then I glue it to the panel with urethane glue.

SOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

Back