Rear Bumper

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the difference between the 71/2 and 73 quarter extensions?

73 end caps are shorter. They are missing the bottom part that fills the space between the quarter panel and the bumper like the 71-72 end caps have. 73 have a separate rubber filler behind the bumper.

71-72 end caps

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the detailed info guys. i am assuming fastback and coupe have the same differences and are specific to the body styles. Fastback extension prices are pushing me toward staying with the 73.

looking at the pics again., couldn't i just cut the bottoms of my 73 extensions?

looking at the pics again., couldn't i just cut the bottoms of my 73 extensions?
Maybe I am not understanding what you mean here. The 73 end caps are already shorter and use the rubber filler.  Cutting the bottom filler part off a 71-72 end cap would still not look right and would not seal on the bottom to the quarter panel.

ah, i had them backwards. so do the coup/vert share the same extensions with the fb?

ah, i had them backwards. so do the coup/vert share the same extensions with the fb?
The coup and vert share the same qtr extensions and trunk lid. The fastback is different.

i figured as much but confirmation is always good :)

Back