Rear "Pancake" power window motors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odmark

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mercury Cougar
Hello guys!

I recently removed my back interor, partly because i needed to remove the lower window chrome trim, and partly because i was going to sort out the rear power windows not working. (Drivers side completely dead and passenger side just clicking).

Well as for the drivers side, i now know why it is silent. Half the motor is missing!

The "lid" or how to call with the wiring and all is missing, so the gears are just sitting there.

And the lower "big gear" was held in place my a big lump of silicone so the window wont fall down.

So, i heard these "pancake motors" are extremely hard to find and are very expensive. But i would like some tips on where to find them, or if someone would sell and ship one to me in sweden.

Or if someone has made a custom solution for this kind of problem.

Thank you!

But those seem to only work if the car initially had manual windows?

Try West coast classic cougar. It is the same motor used in a 71-73 Cougar. They rebuild them and have complete motors and parts, or at least they used to.

West Coast Classic Cougar

Website

Address: 5377 Waconda Rd NE, Salem, OR 97305

Phone: (503) 463-1130 

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/

Problem is that WCCC requires you to send in a core for rebuild when buying from them.

The main problem with that is that i dont think they will accept half a motor for a rebuildable core.

Secondly i live in sweden so its would be easier to just find a motor, even though that also seem quite impossible.

I needed a Servo disc for one of my motors and the guy who repairs them at WCCC said he could replace the part with the rebuild... at addition cost. I eventually found and bought a working motor and did not have them do a rebuild.

About six months ago I spoke to a guy in Florida who had two Pancake Motors. He may still have them. All I have is his name and phone number. If you want to call him send me an email and I will send you his contact info.

Problem is that WCCC requires you to send in a core for rebuild when buying from them.

The main problem with that is that i dont think they will accept half a motor for a rebuildable core.

Secondly i live in sweden so its would be easier to just find a motor, even though that also seem quite impossible.
I may have what you need.

It will be a few day as we are having a late season snow storm

Back