Rear wheel update

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any rim diameter. There is no interference with the wheel diameter like on the front. The tire width and rim width need to be correct for each other, most tires have a recommended rim width. The backspacing would need to be correct to put the tire in the correct place in the wheelwell for clearance. More backspacing would move the tire inward toward the center of the car on a given rim width.

Mine has 20x10 rear with 275 35R and 20x8 in the front with 275 30R. As been said the rear is no problem. The front was too low initially and did rub with hard left turns. After raising up less than 1" the rubbing was not a problem. If these were not on the car already I would have probably gone with 18s in the front.

IMG_1768.jpg

2013-04-01_20-53-24_795_zpsbc3bf863.jpg

2013-04-01_20-50-40_24_zps2c5b452f.jpg

Mine has 20x10 rear with 275 35R and 20x8 in the front with 275 30R. As been said the rear is no problem. The front was too low initially and did rub with hard left turns. After raising up less than 1" the rubbing was not a problem. If these were not on the car already I would have probably gone with 18s in the front.

IMG_1768.jpg

2013-04-01_20-53-24_795_zpsbc3bf863.jpg

2013-04-01_20-50-40_24_zps2c5b452f.jpg
kfairmont...... NICE LOOKING MUSTANG.. THANKS FOR THE INFO. ALSO THANKS TO ALL THE MEMBERS THAT RESPONDED TO THIS THREAD THAT GAVE GREAT INSIGHT TO THIS ROOKIE MUSTANG OWNER. AFTER DEEP THOUGHTS AND OTHER MEMBERS INSIGHT I ORDERED 18X8 FRONT AND 20X10 REAR.. I WILL POST PIC ONCE THEY ARE MOUNTED AND I LOWER IT A BIT... ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME ON THIS TOPIC..

CAM00031.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
droptop73... My wheels should be here april 8th. I also bought some new headlights not that i needed them. I liked the fact that they are blue colored when on. Just making my ride nice sweet and fast. I'm new to the Ford world... Thanks once again ... STAY TUNED.

CAM00216.jpgCAM00217.jpg

FINALLY ARRIVED... I'LL BE READY FOR THIS SUMMER. IT'S TIME TO AWAKEN THIS BEAST THAT JUST BEEN SITTING IN THE GARAGE FOR SOME TIME NOW..

FINALLY ARRIVED... I'LL BE READY FOR THIS SUMMER. IT'S TIME TO AWAKEN THIS BEAST THAT JUST BEEN SITTING IN THE GARAGE FOR SOME TIME NOW..
Ooohhh man, those are beautiful! I love the look of big wheels on these cars, can't wait to see them mounted.

Thanks the photo is of the back wheels.

Ooohhh man, those are beautiful! I love the look of big wheels on these cars, can't wait to see them mounted.

Great wheels, let's see them on the car!
Yes sir my tires should be arriving soon also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see them on the car. Sharp looking wheels.
Thank you for the comment. I'm happy there finally here. just waiting on my tires to get here then i will post photos of them mounted and with the car lowered a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back