Repop Map Light? Who do we talk to?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if Dennis Carpenter or Scott Drake ACTUALLY manufactures all their aftermarket parts here in the us.. seems I've had a few here and there that were of poor quality.. That company may be another out-sourcing middle man where the parts are made elsewhere, with low quality and poor materials to cut costs... I would rather pay a few (I mean few) dollars extra for a quality oem part.. These aftermarket sellers state their parts "meet or exceed oem", but IMHO, that's just a sales pitch..

The cars we enjoy have been around for over 43 years and many of the original parts remain on them.. Try getting that service from the aftermarket parts..

Ok, anyone here on the forum going to confess to paying $355 for the eBay map light! :)
I would've come up with something different or torn mine apart and modded it before that happened - it's just a freaken map light, after all (granted, I'm not going for concourse or faithful restoration, either). There's no reason why a simple 3-position slider switch and some kind of a bulb socket couldn't be substituted in to repair the existing electrical components (providing the plastic's not too damaged). As well, the roof console map lights from the earlier models look pretty cool, although I'm sure there would be a lot of work fitting those in.

Give me another 12 years (most likely when I retire), and I'll come up with factory-looking, completely modernized version that I'd be willing to sell as a replacement.

Meanwhile, if someone wants one THAT bad, I'd maybe sell mine for $250 - at least it works. ;) :whistling: rofl

Back