Repro front bumper??????????

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be great if they would offer one. My bumper is not terrible, it has a dent in the top edge where it meets the grille that I need to straighten. all it needs after that is a little fascia filler in one or two spots. If they made a good quality repop, I would replace mine rather than repair it. Hey Rick@NPD is anyone working on a reproduction 71-72 Mach 1 Urethane bumper? I would bet you could sell it at a reasonable price and still get your return on investment pretty quick.
They make one for my 69 Camaro why not for Mustangs, there has to be more demand for the Mustang bumper. Every 71-72 Mach1 and a lot of other Mustangs with various trim packages came with the urethane bumper and hardly any Camaros had them originally. My 69 Camaro's original urethane front bumper was rough so I have that stored in the rafters (because they are super rare on 69 Camaros) and I painted and installed the repop, I would do the same for my Mach 1 if it were available. Chevy actually marketed the urethane bumper as a preventative to parking lot dings (see ad attached) instead of the cool appearance factor which is probably why they didn't sell many. I love looking at old ads, the verbiage is hilarious sometimes, "space age plastic" who believed this stuff.

Attachments

• Mach 1 8.jpg
    Mach 1 8.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1969 Camaro  (534).jpg
    1969 Camaro (534).jpg
    151 KB · Views: 0
  • 1969_camaro_c7.jpg
    1969_camaro_c7.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back