Rocketman's drop in tachometer - installed!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to replace the lights so as soon as I get the interior back in the car I am pulling my idiot lights and off the go. I had already purchased an aftermarket tach to go under the dash. Its now for sale.

I'm gonna do this add on,the wife saw it on the computer and said merry xmas honey,,thinking ahead she is,, wonder how hard it would be to replace the sped. pointer with a matching rocketman one?
Gotta admit, the Rocketman tach pointer does look crisper and classier than the stock speedo pointer. I wonder if just using a dob of glue would work to stick a new pointer on top of the old one?

Just found this video tutorial on how to install the Rocketman tacho into the dash - would have been nice to have seen it before I put mine in so i thought I'd put it up here in case it helps someone else out:

I installed one of Rocketman's conversion tachs. on my 72' convertible about a month ago. I had been sitting on it since the summer until I got a chance to put it in. It looks beautiful. Bob puts out a really good product and he is a really nice guy too. I had my friend drop off my idiot guage to his stand at Fords at Carlisle this past June with my console clock which had stopped working a long time ago. Bob had both pieces back to me really quick and because he said he only did a quick cleanup on the clock to get it working, he didn't even charge me for that. After putting the tach. in I took a drive upstate in New York. About 200 miles total. The tach. worked great. I originally wanted to put in the factory tach. with the guages until I saw how involved it was. I then thought about putting a column tach. in but thought it just didn't look right with everything else looking factory stock. Bob's tach. solves this while retaining the idiot lights & if it breaks the ignition is unaffected like with the old tachs. Mario.

I just mailed him the tach from my '71 because I was unable to get it working with any number of transformers and wiring configurations. Really looking forward to getting the 3 wire hookup because it plugs directly into the MSD tach output port!

Back