Has anyone here tried this tach setup?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible, factory 302, disc brakes and A/C. Started to rebuild it all original but elected to go full tilt and rebuilt everything in the drivetrain, a/c, cooling, etc. etc. etc.
Tach.jpegFor those of us that don't have a tachometer I found this and it looks pretty nice. I am considering purchasing one but wanted to check to see if anyone here has already traveled that road. If you follow the link it will also show you a Youtube video of "Doc" doing and installation. Looks pretty easy and hassle free. If I do get it I will send my entire instument cluster to let him refurbish the speedometer as well so everything is pretty. And by the way Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. ::chili::

http://www.rccinnovations.com/index.php?show=menu-tach-all

M7123S: 1971-1973 Ford Mustang 8000 RPM

The Rocketman does it again! This Mustang innovation is a tach for Mustangs that had no tach! This tachometer is a drop in replacement for the 'idiot light' cluster in 1971-1973 Mustangs. It is made from the warning light cluster itself and retains the four warning lights with the original text (hidden until activated), but adds a Mach 1 style tachometer with modern movement. The tach is designed to match the speedometer and look like a factory tach. It has a competition orange pointer and is only available in the 8000 RPM range.

I have bought one but have not installed it yet. The guy was a pleasure to work with and stands buy his product. It looks great and I had no trouble adding it to the cluster.

I spoke with the guy earlier and I am sending in my cluster so that he can make the spedometer and gas gauge just a pretty as the new tach. We can't have any mismatched gauges.

Latest posts

Back