Shedding tears over heater hose!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellbuyer

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible Mustang
Hi there, I took the engine out of my 73 vert to clean and paint the engine bay. I decided since the heater hoses were well.... old.... I would replace them when I reinstall engine. To my surprise the old ones were probably original since they were Motorcraft. I felt bad having to change from the original, but I want to drive the car a long distance this summer, so I suppose it is best. It just seems a shame!!!!

Hi there, I took the engine out of my 73 vert to clean and paint the engine bay. I decided since the heater hoses were well.... old.... I would replace them when I reinstall engine. To my surprise the old ones were probably original since they were Motorcraft. I felt bad having to change from the original, but I want to drive the car a long distance this summer, so I suppose it is best. It just seems a shame!!!!
No guts, no glory....

You can purchase Concours correct hoses from places like Marti Auto.

I understand what you mean. When we replaced the valve covers and

air cleaner for cosmetic reasons I kept the original parts.

mike

Item #HH-7

71 HEATER HOSE PAIR

Pair for Mustangs without air conditioning. Correct OEM-Style reinforced heater hoses with the correct thickness, diameter and stenciling. Yellow stripe runs the length of the hose like original. Price: $46.95

Item #HH-5

71-73 HEATER HOSE

Heater hose, 5/8 inch ribbed yellow stripe with Autolite date code. 8' LENGTH. Price: $21.95

Item #HH-9

72 HEATER HOSE PAIR

Pair for Mustangs and Cougars with factory A/C. Correct OEM-Style reinforced heater hoses with the correct thickness, diameter and stenciling. Yellow stripe runs the length of the hose like original. Price: $49.95

Item #HH-10

73 HEATER HOSE PAIR

Correct style yellow stripe reinforced rubber heater hoses with correct thickness, diameter and stenciling. Pair, 4ft each, 8 feet total. Mustang and Cougar.

i know how you feel last year decided to upgrade the headlights and run them through relays vast improvement but as i am splicing into the original loom i am thinking to myself 39 year old wiring but the quality is so much better than the cheap s./' stuff from goodness knows where most probably china wonder how long it wil last

I don't still have the original light bulbs in my car. Things wear and dependability demands we replace them. If your full concourse save them and put them on for the judging. As far as driving with them, nothing brings a tear like the smell of antifreeze vaporizing all over the engine compartment while the temperature gauge goes up.

Back