Size Comparison

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you are right about the front and the Shelby. But somehow nobody seems to care about that. It's just a styling detail.

What I was getting to is that they're always being compared to the previous models and except the front styling resembling that of the 70 Shelby they have come a far way from the "original" idea.

By the way the 70 Shelby look is very different from the normal 70 Mustang.

By the way I think too that the 69 Mustang fastback is the coolest and best design in Mustang history.

I get what you're saying, but that's just natural progression of the evolution of cars in general... so I say, "waah, get over it Classic Mustang purists." Not to mention, the whole 'deviation' really began with the '69s anyway - but I guess because everybody likes the '69s so much, they're willing to overlook that little detail.

You know, if the Classic Mustang purists think the '71 went too far astray of what the original Mustang was all about, imagine how the Camaro/Firebird purists must've felt when the '70 Camaro/Firebirds came out.

Then why are you not a big late-model Corvette guy? Them's some big-assed hoopties! rofl

Then why are you not a big late-model Corvette guy? Them's some big-assed hoopties! rofl
Because he likes it when the frame of his car doesn't disintegrate after 15 years. Besides, who wants to drive in a "birdcage" anyway?

;)

-Kurt

You guys have it all wrong. These Mustangs were much larger when new, but over time, they seem to shrink. How do I know? I can't fit into the seats anymore and have room between the steering wheel and my legs. They are just shrinking with time, that's all.

The same damn thing happens with airplane seats and seat belts, too! It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.

You guys have it all wrong. These Mustangs were much larger when new, but over time, they seem to shrink. How do I know? I can't fit into the seats anymore and have room between the steering wheel and my legs. They are just shrinking with time, that's all.

The same damn thing happens with airplane seats and seat belts, too! It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Me too.

Yeah, no kidding. It must be going around... like the flu... except less temporary. I remember when I used to fit comfortably in a Fox body with no complaints. Guh...

Back