So, I had to break into my car today....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes our cars are amazingly easy to steal, with a clothes hanger and a screw driver you can indeed drive the car away in 60 seconds if you know what you're doing and don't care about damaging the steering column.

These will make it much harder to open the door without making some noise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-79-14-Mustang-Door-Lock-Knob-Pins-Pair-Chrome-/361210426812?hash=item5419d1b5bc&vxp=mtr
Hi Jim and Jutta do these fit our cars? I recently replaced my lock buttons with new ones from NPD but my original ones looked much closer to the ones on eBay that you found.

I recently 'lost' my only set of keys to my car somewhere in the house and looked high and low. My wife got involved in the search (she's a great girl) and of course she found them - on my nightstand where of course I had already looked.... I now have a spare set cut!

Yes our cars are amazingly easy to steal, with a clothes hanger and a screw driver you can indeed drive the car away in 60 seconds if you know what you're doing and don't care about damaging the steering column.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-79-14-Mustang-Door-Lock-Knob-Pins-Pair-Chrome-/361210426812?hash=item5419d1b5bc&vxp=mtr
Hi Jim and Jutta do these fit our cars? I recently replaced my lock buttons with new ones from NPD but my original ones looked much closer to the ones on eBay that you found.
I don't know of those would fit or not I was just giving them as an example of type of door lock knobs that would make it harder for a thief to unlock the door. I would try a auto parts store and that way if they don't fit easy to return. I got mine at Auto Zone for around $8.00 a few years ago.

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim and Jutta thank you - I'll take a look and see as you suggest

I don't know of those would fit or not I was just giving them as an example of type of door lock knobs that would make it harder for a thief to unlock the door. I would try a auto parts store and that way if they don't fit easy to return. I got mine at Auto Zone for around $8.00 a few years ago.

Nuthin to them slick knobs... I defeated them long ago. Bend the coat hanger into a tight loop at an angle, drop the loop over the slick knob from the side and then pull straight up The loop binds up on the knob and tugs it right open.

Back