someone wants to buy my car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well off to see my tax man again. He wants to see pic's so I'll show before and after. I've only done mechanical so far so It's still in project mode. Need to fix heater,gas gauge and trans linkage. Motor OH has about 800 miles and runs great. interior all good. If he gets above 18k I would really have to think how much is 6years of labor worth....:huh:

Alan L

here is what your car is worth...just to compare...

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5431010206.html
Not a fan of the orange dash or black bumper.
I have to agree - the black on that bumper just accentuates its issues. It's misaligned for one, as well as tweaked in the middle (above the license plate), which probably contributes to the driver side being so far out of whack.

As a restomod, I think they should've just gotten a new bumper and tucked it in '71-'72 style. Even if they'd painted it the same orange as the body, it would've looked better, IMHO. I like the wheels, the stance, and pretty much everything else about the car. A guy could always repaint the center gauge trim panel easily enough.

I think $11K is a little steep, but not outrageous. I'd expect the engine and under hood area to be a little nicer for that amount.

Well, I guess you won't really know your price until someone makes an offer that you'll either take or refuse.

It sounds to me like it's not for sale. Sharing pics, info, conversation, etc., is not buying or selling - it could be just as simple as the guy likes Mustangs, and you're someone he can relate to. Believe it or not, that's a big thing to a lot of people. I know when I mention mine, a lot of people have some warm & fuzzy memories associated with an old Mach 1 and seem captivated during the conversation.

I say not to worry about it until he gives you an offer or asks what it would take for you to sell it. It's all speculation until then. ;)

I know I will never sell mine. I can emphatically say that because first, I will never get an offer for anything close to what I have into it... and second, I wouldn't sell it for that anyway because it's just not worth that kind of money. Besides, I know the guy who put it all back together. :whistling:
Its not an insult to have someone offer to purchase your baby it just shows you do great work and take care of it. You never have to accept but always feels good when someone offers. The other thing that can be great is use this forum and help them find a car and be part of your club, now you have a new friend that has the same interests as the rest of us. I posted a ton of cars that are West Coast CA rides some aweful and some perfect for a project. http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-craigslist-adds-for-cars

Back