STARTED PREPING FOR UNDERBODY SMOOTHING

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
I started preping the rear underbody for the smoothing out of the rear floor pan & rear frame rails..Applied the first coat of rust bullet (after we media blasted) Were gonna start applying filler to the frame rails & kick ups tomorrow..Then every seam will be filled with flexo #12 epoxy seam sealer. Water will NEVER get inbetween any of the seams. Plus it will give it a nice finshed look .Need this done before we fit the new rear susp.

100_2093.JPG100_2095.JPG100_2096.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is WOW! Your really doing it right. I think I'm going to try some rust bullet as much as I see you using it.Good job.
Thanks Jay..I have nothing to do with the rust bullet co..But over the course of doing auto body & restoration work for a living for over 25 years I have used every rust converter encapsulator etc..& none of them work as good or are as easy to use..I've learnt "do it once & do it right" Checkout some of the top car builders using it...They are also the ONLY co. to have lab tested their product head to head with por 15 & other products...Look at their site under lab testing..

http://www.rustbullet.com/testimonials/hot.asp

I started preping the rear underbody for the smoothing out of the rear floor pan & rear frame rails..Applied the first coat of rust bullet (after we media blasted) Were gonna start applying filler to the frame rails & kick ups tomorrow..Then every seam will be filled with flexo #12 epoxy seam sealer. Water will NEVER get inbetween any of the seams. Plus it will give it a nice finshed look .Need this done before we fit the new rear susp.
Looking good! I'm planning to use the rust bullet on my cars...was thinking por15 but not anymore.

Your smoothing out the floor word choice reminded me of something. Any smoothing out that you do (the more the merrier) will help to establish a more laminar airflow underneath the car and less turbulent air (especially under the car) will increase your mileage at highway speed. I know driving performance mustangs is not about good mpgs, but hey if simple things can be done "while you're there" then why not.

You're doing an awesome job with the car & love the videos!

Q - Nice work as always, it's good to have such a knowledgeable resource taking part here so we can pick your brain!

I was going to stray from the original topic, but instead I've decided to just start another thread (based on mine and apparently Don's reading of your title) which is here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back