Sure Glad my restore to orginal days are gone....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Original parts are expensive. When you are trying to correct what many, many years of neglect, iffy maintenance, sloppy uncaring mechanics, and thrift-store replacement parts have done to your car, It just becomes part of the drill. However, in this case , if you really have a Boss 351 car, correct numbers and all, and you are just missing the intake and carb, whatever the asking price is, is fair, if you NEED it. The Boss that requires this set-up is the valuable thing. I've got a Chrysler Hemi in one of my dragboats and hemi parts are expensive, but it's a hemi ! If it's too steep, there's always some Chevy you can play with for less. I bought a rare Thompson SBC timing cover off of Ebay for a restoration. I paid STUPID money for it. NO WAY anyone should have paid as much as I did, however, the dragboat restoration was a one-of-a-kind, 5 time record holder, so , paid the asking price and never looked back.

What was the asking price? Your original post has &k. Was this a typo and it is $7k?

Glad I chose to restore my Mach 1 to what I want as a driver as my show days are behind me! When I did my 1968 AMX I needed a steering wheel and they were over 1k for a good one and much higher for a nos. That is when I learned to restore them lol!! I don't mind spending money but if I can avoid it I do. And as I type it is still on FB marketplace.

I have to admit, 7K is some coin, and I have no idea of the going price, and difficulty of finding a cherry, correct #s correct carb and intake that combo, but if someone bought a Boss 351,they should be aware and prepared to meet the bar, however painfull.

Boss 1 NOS stuff is big$. Spike is right. If you enter that pool you better be ready to swim with the sharks in my opinion. Would always want a Boss 1, but could not afford to go concourse on that. I am a 1 and done on concourse. Jscott, I grew up in Kenosha, WI and Dad was in middle management with AMC. The stories I could share on prototype AMX's in fiberglass with rumble seats and Rambler Scrambler design exercises I have seen are crazy. I must have worked on 100's of Javelins, AMXs, Rebels, and jeeps as a kid. My daily while I had the 72 Mach was a 76 Pacer in brown and then I upgraded to a Spirit. I always (and still do) wanted a Mark Donahue Javelin. They were just the coolest to me. I remember seeing one on my way to middle school just rotting away in a guys driveway for years. Only if I new the future now back then.

Attachments

• pacer (2020_01_14 17_13_13 UTC).jpg
    pacer (2020_01_14 17_13_13 UTC).jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 0
  • spirit (2020_01_14 17_13_13 UTC).png
    spirit (2020_01_14 17_13_13 UTC).png
    106.5 KB · Views: 0
Boss 1 NOS stuff is big$. Spike is right. If you enter that pool you better be ready to swim with the sharks in my opinion. Would always want a Boss 1, but could not afford to go concourse on that. I am a 1 and done on concourse. Jscott, I grew up in Kenosha, WI and Dad was in middle management with AMC. The stories I could share on prototype AMX's in fiberglass with rumble seats and Rambler Scrambler design exercises I have seen are crazy. I must have worked on 100's of Javelins, AMXs, Rebels, and jeeps as a kid. My daily while I had the 72 Mach was a 76 Pacer in brown and then I upgraded to a Spirit. I always (and still do) wanted a Mark Donahue Javelin. They were just the coolest to me. I remember seeing one on my way to middle school just rotting away in a guys driveway for years. Only if I new the future now back then.
One of my first models was a Johan Javelin SST...in metallic green.
Always did like the Teague AMXs. Absolutely beautiful!
I also like the idea of recreating the original AMC Rebel Machine coupe concept...not the red/white/blue fastback.

And...prices for AMC stuff is getting there. See what 401 blocks are going for?

I would grab a '68 AMX with a 390 and 4-speed in a heartbeat! Great looking car, good power, and can run with the best of them. Dig the Metallic Blue engine color as well.

Back