SW Florida New Guy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I will be picking up my new shiny toy this coming Saturday .

I will post more info and pictures on this rare Q code convertible . Happy days are very close.

Rodney in SW Florida

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I will be picking up my new shiny toy this coming Saturday .

I will post more info and pictures on this rare Q code convertible . Happy days are very close.

Rodney in SW Florida
You going to make it to the MCA National event in St Augustine next month? I'll be bringing my 73 Q vert to the event

David

I have not made any plans yet. I will have to check the car over closely before a car show road trip. Could you post the dates?

Thanks Rodney [/size]

Rodney in SW Florida
You going to make it to the MCA National event in St Augustine next month? I'll be bringing my 73 Q vert to the event

David

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Your 1972 Mustang convertible is indeed a rare one! It is one of 201 built with that engine/transmission combo.

I own one too. There are a few others on here as well.

Mine has about 75k miles on it. Car has been in my family since 1975. Please feel free to contact me if you have anything I might help you with concerning your car.

Ray

Hello and Welcome! I would go back to Glow Gold. Of course a bit bias here since I have a '72 Glow Gold Mach 1 with Ginger interior. Let me tell you, that color gets some attention. You see plenty of red and blue Mach's but so far have not seen any Glow's. Hope to have it put back together by the time for St. Augustine MCA show.

Anyway..hello from Orlando (just north of you) ..

I am 17 years old and I have been restoring a 72' Gold Glow coupe for three years now. Started my freshman year of high school taking on the project. Hope to finish it my senior year. It was completely original. Could have nearly saved the paint if I wanted to, but I was looking for a rotisserie restoration. A little about the paint - Ford introduced two "glow" colors in 1972 - ivy glow and gold glow. Both were an extra $34 dollar option back then. They aren't as common as the many reds and etc you may see, so it is pretty cool to have one. The paint is known for its glimmer and extra magic they apparently included in the mix that can be seen in the flake. If possible, I would highly recommend painting it back to its original. It's a beautiful color.

Welcome from Naples, FL! I have a Gold Glow Coupe, not by choice though. My original color is Blue (3K), but the original owner liked the Gold I guess. Hope to see you around Florida.

Justin

You will see my red Q code if you frequent the car shows.

Thanks for the Welcome....

Welcome from Naples, FL! I have a Gold Glow Coupe, not by choice though. My original color is Blue (3K), but the original owner liked the Gold I guess. Hope to see you around Florida.

Justin

Glad to see a young man with a passion for old muscle. Good luck on your build. I do not have the budget now to change the color back but some day I will.

I am 17 years old and I have been restoring a 72' Gold Glow coupe for three years now. Started my freshman year of high school taking on the project. Hope to finish it my senior year. It was completely original. Could have nearly saved the paint if I wanted to, but I was looking for a rotisserie restoration. A little about the paint - Ford introduced two "glow" colors in 1972 - ivy glow and gold glow. Both were an extra $34 dollar option back then. They aren't as common as the many reds and etc you may see, so it is pretty cool to have one. The paint is known for its glimmer and extra magic they apparently included in the mix that can be seen in the flake. If possible, I would highly recommend painting it back to its original. It's a beautiful color.

Thanks to my northern neighbor. How to I post the PIC,s ?

A warm welcome from your neighbor to the north in St. Pete. Hope to see some pix of your new pony.

Well Steve my only disappointment so far has been the factory drum brakes.

How do I post PICs

Sounds like a rare Mustang! I would personally go back to the orinial gold color. Would love to see some photos. So it is a Q code with 4 wheel drum brakes? That seems like an odd combination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey fellow car guys

Rodney from SW Florida and wanted to say hello.

I will be purchasing a 1972 convertible Q code with a 4 speed and I am excited.

The car is low miles with 44k miles.

PO changed color from gold to Red. It is very nice and needs very little to make it more special than it already is, maybe a nice stripe kit and a hood satin black stripe.

It is a 4V Cobra Jet low option car without A/C or disk brakes.

The odd part that I have trouble accepting is a brown(ginger) interior with a red exterior. I will have to get used to it or change the car back to the original color.

Any advise to best direction to go?

I am a leave it original type guy.

I have enjoyed your site while learning more facts about my future classic mustang.

Thanks Everyone

Rodney from Fort Myers:thankyouyellow:[/size][/font]
Got mine like yours though at 165,000 miles when acquired in 2003 was a pewter gray body w/black interior got it when it was changed to Wimbledon white-did the mod of aftermarket AC. Wished I had it back in 83 when I was living in S. Ft Myers and working at Ft Myers Community Hospital and would not have moved away-to N.E. FL for better employ. Found w/mine, the little changes like 1995 mustang model 'special white' paint exterior, sprint decals and chrome accent made all the difference for me.

Hey fellow car guys

Rodney from SW Florida and wanted to say hello.

I will be purchasing a 1972 convertible Q code with a 4 speed and I am excited.

The car is low miles with 44k miles.

PO changed color from gold to Red. It is very nice and needs very little to make it more special than it already is, maybe a nice stripe kit and a hood satin black stripe.

It is a 4V Cobra Jet low option car without A/C or disk brakes.

The odd part that I have trouble accepting is a brown(ginger) interior with a red exterior. I will have to get used to it or change the car back to the original color.

Any advise to best direction to go?

I am a leave it original type guy.

I have enjoyed your site while learning more facts about my future classic mustang.

Thanks Everyone

Rodney from Fort Myers:thankyouyellow:[/size][/font]
Got mine like yours though at 165,000 miles when acquired in 2003 was a pewter gray body w/black interior got it when it was changed to Wimbledon white-did the mod of aftermarket AC. Wished I had it back in 83 when I was living in S. Ft Myers and working at Ft Myers Community Hospital and would not have moved away-to N.E. FL for better employ. Found w/mine, the little changes like 1995 mustang model 'special white' paint exterior, sprint decals and chrome accent made all the difference for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back