New Guy...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 mach 1
I remember in high school when Ford gave a new Mustang to prisoners of war when they returned from Vietnam. Our guy was Niles Kjome. I was in the Library when the guys said
Kjome's car is in. So after school we all headed up to the Ford dealer to see his new Mustang sitting in the showroom. It was Brown with black stripes. Remember it like it was yesterday.
I am a Cougar guy, but Mickey Thompsons drag car is burnt into my memory banks, so when this one came up at Vanderbrinks auction, you know, pushy button! It's a 72 Mach 1 Q code, red with a lot of options, needs work, but that's what I do. Retiring in 101 days and need inventory. I go for the unusual, I have a Cobra II, many Cougars, a Pontiac Grandville,
62 Monterey Convertible, my motto is "if I show up at a car show and someone else has one like mine, I failed.
So what is all in the convenience package? For a 72 Mach? Thanks, Steve in Iowa

Welcome, woodstang, and howdy from Texas!

In Tucson, the POWs were given Porsches. I had two classmates who's fathers were returning POWs; Lt Col Van Loan (held 6 years) and Maj Hildebrand ( held 1.5 years). Both were USAF F-4 aircrew.

Post up some pictures of your collection for us.

Hello Steve,
Welcome from the hot and humid state of Mississippi. Interesting story on your Mach 1, and you have a nice collection of unique cars. My Dad owned a '62 Mercury Monterey Custom, so as Sheriff41 posted, please post some pictures of your fleet when you can. (especially that '62 Merc)! We are all car people here.

The Convenience Group option included some very nice items that made me wish I had ordered my Mach 1's new. Included were a Trunk light, glove compartment light, map light, under hood light, headlights on warning buzzer, automatic seat back release, under instrument panel courtesy lamps (standard on vert), parking brake warning light, and locking glove box lock. In '72, that option was $45.53, and considering the content was a bargain, even when adjusted to today's prices.

Glad you visited, liked what you saw, and decided to stay. Welcome to your new Mustang Home! :)

Welcome from Oklahoma. I'm also a Mercury Man. I have a 1969 Cougar and looking for a Comet to hot rod. Chuck

Welcome from North Alabama! We must see those cars!!!! Lol

Hey Steve in Iowa!
There's not a damned thing wrong with going for a different car. I've often said, if I walked out of the house with a red shirt on and found everyone else had a red shirt, I'd take it off and burn it.

Back