THE HORSE'S SNORT

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peche 71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grande, 351 Cleveland, restoration project
1973 Convertible, 302, slight restoration
FINALLY! After several replacements I finally heard my pony snort this week! I posted a couple times here seeking help, thanks for the inputs. After replacing: the ignition switch, ignition coil, plugs, wires, rotor,cap, condensor,points, fuel filter, battery and solenoid, I hired a moblie mechanic who adjusted the points and choke.

It then fired up, and man what a sound it was! Pure Detroit muscle. They just don't make 'em like that anymore. It's been years since I heard an engine (351c) so powerful. It's what I've been waiting for since I bought it this past summer.

maybe next summer i'll be on I-90, it'll get the occasional start this winter to keep her warm, and it'll be garaged so work can be done in and out , up and down. Still a few things to do, well several things! A video would have been nice, but we found out the alternator is bad; when we disconnected the negative cable the vehicle died, and the battery was drained. Looks like i also need a new fuel pump. Go figure.

Should have towed it to Q's house. It would have been faster and cheaper.

it sounded great, but had to manually kick down the choke then it purred nicely. It's still up on stands, maybe this week I'll ride it up and down the street.

Make sure your brakes are A OK! If its been sitting a while you might want to check. Granted mine sat 6 years outside but 3 of those were under a cover. I have a leaking master cylinder and 2 brake bleeders broke off. :(

thanks Matrixx, the breaks seem okay, after sitting for a few years,they worked with nothing breaking when we moved the car out from the woods before towing and no leaks then or since. but will do a more thorough inspection. mine looks like yours in your photo, white and needs a vinyl top.

Back