Replace Mallory distributor?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed a Jacob's Ignition System in my 351 2v Cleveland over 30m years ago with a Mallory distributer - still running sarong!

Despite the fact the HEI is a good setup, I always thought they looked out of place on our Ford engines.
Most all vintage (and current) Mallory tune-up parts are easily available as stated, BUT the Unilite Comp 9000 large cap rotor (shutter wheel) which out of production and painfully hard to find.
Back in the early 1980's I used to frequent a Super Shop in Chula Vista, CA when I transplanted a 351c into my 1970 Maverick. And yes it was all Mallory equipped from Super Shops!
It looks like you added a "Grabber" hood as well. Six cylinder front drums. Very cool, absolutely representative of what used to roam the streets at one time. I was just saying to a guy at work, "What ever happened to all fo the V8 Vegas and V8 Pintos I remember seeing?" Street Freaks were popular. Have all us old guys hoarded up all the cool cars and locked them away in our garages? Did they all get scrapped?

Back