The Mustang Wave

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Do you guys get a lot of Waves and thumbs up from newer Mustang drivers wen you're out cruising in your 71-73's? I do! It's pretty awesome! I love when you spot a cool late model Stang and the driver flashes me a thumbs up! It reminds me of the Biker Wave. If you watch, a Biker will always give a little wave to his fellow bikers (Usually Harley guys...) as they pass on the street It's kind of neat to be in the Mustang Brotherhood!

:D

Nobody outside of this forum would give me a thumbs up with the current state of my '72, but as a Corvette owner and also a Jeep guy, I can report that "the wave" is alive and well in those groups, and I look forward to getting the same when my 72 is complete.

I get waves from any kind of vehicle. Even old Corvairs! Our 2004 Mach 1 also gets a lot of attention and waves too. Of course I always wave back or even wave first!

As a Harley rider and a mustang driver (even if it is my uncles until mine is done) I have more miles in it than he does :p I do see alot of the same looks and waves in the mustang as I do on the bike. Really like it when the young kids pull along side in there 5.0 and rev up the engine and smile. Most look as if they have just seen a ghost or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm accustomed to the Jeep wave... especially when newer Wrangler owners wave with a thumbs-up to my old CJ-7.

Can't wait to get my first Mustang wave though... even in the shape mine's in, I still get lots of 'whoa - cool car' comments from car guys when they see the ol' pile.

Back