The Trunk

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each to his own. I just tore all that out of one and cursed the previous owner for putting all that stuff in. Welding cable for power supply couple big amps and trunk full of woofers. That is what makes the world turn no two are alike.

Looks like you are a carpenter by trade.
I'm with David, sorry guys...It's a "CLASSIC" Mustang and shouldn't be altered like that. Just my 2 cents!
I'm "something" of a traditionalist myself... when it comes to doing things that completely detract away from the car's lines and style (like a lot of the high-end remodels I've seen lately that attempt to turn the cars into modern touring cars - "slammed with dubs," for instance).  But since I've been at this site, I've learned to embrace the, "it's your car, build it how you like," mantra... and have witnessed countless incredibly well-done customization projects over the years.

This is yet one more of those incredibly well-done projects.  ::thumb::

I like this because the trunk area from the factory was really poorly finished.  If you put anything in the trunk with any weight to it, it's going to slide to one side or the other and likely leave a lasting impression on the outside body work because there's nothing stopping it from doing so.  Personally, I think that was a 'foul' from the factory.  I get it that most cars don't have enclosed trunk areas, per se, but having rear quarter panel 'zits' and pock-marks as a result of an accidentally non-secured jack sliding around is just poor design practice, IMHO.  The non-usable area immediately behind the rear seat of non-folding rear seat cars is just begging for a set of sub-woofers as well. So, it's not just cool, it's functional as well.

Classic or not, at the end of the day it's your car - build it how you like. 

And this, I like.  :bravo:

Mister 4x4,

I agree with you on the functionality on the 71 - 73 trunk space. In matter of fact, I believe the whole classic mustang line, 1964 1/2 to 1973 suffered the same problem. The tail lights and side quarters were all vulnerable to damage from loose stuff. Other than unfortunate additional weight, it sure is pretty!

mustang7173

Back