Thermal Vacuum Switches

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elizabeth73,

That ported vacuum switch is used to advanced the vacuum advance on the distributor when the engine start up is cold. Once the engine is cranked and running, it is pulling vacuum from the manifold port. Once the coolant and engine is at the right Operating temperature, it switches back to the carburetor vacuum.

mustang7173

Just thought I would update,

So after talking to a co worker I found that the vacuum canister didn't have to be attached the way I had it on my engine. After changing it's lines and keeping one side open that car runs amazingly well.

I also went ahead and changed the spark plug wires to the MSD Street Fire wires. (I will never buy a kit you have to build again, its just a pain lol)

So I have been driving the car everywhere and there has been no major problems. I think it is at 98%.

Let me just say, after changing from a 2bbl, I actually can feel a noticeable difference in the car. It seems to respond to my foot faster than before. The sound of the air going into the carb is crazy compared to the 2bbl. I didn't realize how loud it can be when the secondaries open up.

I love it!

Back