• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tilt Steering Column

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
70 Maverick Grabber w/351W & Toploader
71 Mach 1 w/ 429 & T56
Looking for a tilt steering column for a 71 Mustang. I believe the columns were all the same for all the years, and there was only one PN.  Also, I think 71-73 Cougars used the same column.  If you have one or know of one - I'd love to hear from you.  

Marc

Looking for a tilt steering column for a 71 Mustang. I believe the columns were all the same for all the years, and there was only one PN.  Also, I think 71-73 Cougars used the same column.  If you have one or know of one - I'd love to hear from you.  

Marc
I have one. Sent you a PM

The tilt column is same in mustang cougar but 71 & 72 is different from 73. The 73 has different turn signal mechanics and different wiring.

Be sure the tilt casting is not broken if it is it is junk. Also some of the parts inside can break. You also need the coupler to the steering box and the plate that bolts to the floor all unique to tilt.

I have a couple make an offer.

I will be gone this week to MOM so no way to look for it.

Attached scan of the Ford service manual.

IMG.pdf

IMG_0001.pdf

IMG_0002.pdf

IMG_0003.pdf

IMG_0004.pdf

IMG_0005.pdf

IMG_0006.pdf

IMG_0007.pdf

Attachments

• IMG.pdf
    751.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0001.pdf
    906.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0002.pdf
    529.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0003.pdf
    826.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0004.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0005.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0006.pdf
    994.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0007.pdf
    752.2 KB · Views: 6

Marc
I have one. Sent you a PM
Hi Rob - tried sending you a reply to the PM, but said your inbox was full??  Anyway, I'll ask it here...what kind of condition is it and does it have all the parts?  Anything broken?  Does it have the firewall plate?

The tilt column is same in mustang cougar but 71 & 72 is different from 73. The 73 has different turn signal mechanics and different wiring.

Be sure the tilt casting is not broken if it is it is junk. Also some of the parts inside can break. You also need the coupler to the steering box and the plate that bolts to the floor all unique to tilt.

I have a couple make an offer.

I will be gone this week to MOM so no way to look for it.

Attached scan of the Ford service manual.
Sent a PM.

Back