tire choices under $100?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh. That's bizarre. I guess they're one of the most popular sizes for people to toss onto the rears of the old muscle cars.

That particular tire brand/model is a 'niche' product, in that most people with 15" rims tend to have them on older restored cars or trucks like ours. They're just like BFGs, except maybe less popular, so less numbers out there. I know I originally started going for BFGs for mine, but there was a slump in production, and there were zero 295/50R15 T/As available when I was tire shopping. Mastercrafts, too. I actually let that process drag on for several months with no BFGs on the way. So, I more or less 'settled' for the Cobras - even though I'd already gotten the 245/60R15 BFGs for the front wheels (which I later sold to a buddy and he tossed 'em on his Camaro).

BTW - $111 is not a horribly bad price, either. But if you're wanting the fattest tire you can stuff under there on an 8" rim, you should look into the 275s and do some measuring... especially for that price. ;) ::thumb::

yes, I am curious why these tires are $52 per tire cheaper than the goodrich, I am concerned about 2 things, slipping on wet roads, and tire noise. Does anybody out there that has these cooper tires have any thoughts about how loud or hard they are?

A friend found a decent review of these tires here.

http://www.tire-reviews-online.com/cooper-tires-cobra.html

If anybody is driving these in the snow and can share that experience, that would probably help other folks. We've not seen snow around these parts since like 2004, so I'm only concerned about wet tire performance, and everything in the review sounds good for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The decision has been made! Right when I was about to spend the $200 + for 2 new tires I found these on CL! Old school Centerline's and almost new 275/60/15's $230. I just need a couple of center caps and keep a look out for fronts.

What a ya think?

20160415_194202-1.jpg

20160415_194039-1.jpg

20160415_193929-1.jpg

20160415_193916-1.jpg

Back