Unusual paint combos

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 351 4V 4-speed convert
I remember a post about... let's call it "unusual paint choices" from back in the day when some of you bought your cars. While I can't find that post I did find this photo in the basement while cleaning up to start a reno. It was taken the day I bought the car, my first Mustang, around 1985. Go ahead and laugh. Yes, I changed the paint scheme and colours.

1972 Mustang Mach 1 at time of purchase around 1987 001 smaller .jpg

I remember a post about... let's call it "unusual paint choices" from back in the day when some of you bought your cars. While I can't find that post I did find this photo in the basement while cleaning up to start a reno. It was taken the day I bought the car, my first Mustang, around 1985. Go ahead and laugh. Yes, I changed the paint scheme and colours.
We called mine the pimp mobile! It was wild.

Wild.PNG

Unusual for sure, but I like them both :D I'll need to dig up pics of Dad in the 70s when he had it painted Calypso Orange with Blue LOL! Funky color combo, but that's the good thing with paint...make it your own and it can always be done over ;)

Funky! Too cool that you found that picture. You should frame it.

That is cool! I like the flames. You don´t often see flames on these cars. Do you have a larger picture?

That is cool! I like the flames. You don´t often see flames on these cars. Do you have a larger picture?

IMG_0642.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! If you look at that last picture and you only concentrate on the rear valance it looks exactly like 67-68 Mustang with those taillights. You could hardly guess that it is a 71-72!

Back