Vacuum port size

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
Hi,

Does anybody know the size of the vacuum ports on the Edelbrock Performer lb351c-2v intake? I want to plug one off.

Do I need some kind of rubber O-ring for it as well?

Thanjs,

Vincent.

Tapatalk gives an unknown error when posting the pic.

The LB351-2V intake only has 2 similar vacuum ports. Surely somebody knows what size plug I need to close it?

Look inside the holes . If they go straight through and remain the same size as the threads all the way thru, they are pipe thread . From the looks of them in photos, if they are pipe thread they are likely 1/2" pipe thread but could be 1/4" . You could buy both if the store isn't close to you.

If you see a convex [domed or cone type] seat inside the holes, they are not pipe thread and require an inverted flare fitting.

They look like 1/4" to me but hard to tell. Barnett is right on with the Pipe thread Vs Flare. You could take a tape measure to it to get a rough idea.

The plug is PROBABLY 3/8" NPT, but I am not certain. If you can give me a measurement of the OD of threads on whatever is in there now, I can confirm.

If they are pipe thread, you must buy a plug that states a SMALLER size than the hole . Yes this sounds odd but that's just the way they do it.

If it is not a pipe thread hole, buy the fitting that is the same size as the hole.

1/4" hole .......... 1/8" pipe plug

1/2" hole .......... 1/4" pipe plug

3/4" hole .......... 1/2" pipe plug

Back