value 67 fairlane 4dr

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakebite8

Reaction score
My Car
67-fastback gt k-code
72-mach 1 HO
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgi'll be posting pics later on today but I'm trying to figure out what a 1967 4 door fairlane Is worth. it is all org. with only 35,000 miles. interior is very clean. has surface rust on the outside. 289 with c4 trans. been sitting for around four years outside. two twin sisters own the car. was bought new buy there father. I don't want to kill them on a price but I think around 1000-1500 is kind of fair. it is a 4 door. everything needs to be gone over. any info would b great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehhh, probably about right.

The cost of an overall paint job alone will well exceed its top value.

Add all the mechanical things it will surely need, well...

Yea. Shame and I don't want to sound like I'm being shady to them with my offer

It being a 4 door does kill it more a parts car unless you just want 4 doors and some do. There is a very nice 68 2 door with new paint and perfect interior 302 for $2,500 near my home might have sold at tire store. Do a search on ebay of sold cars this model and see what turns up.

David

I found a one with good paint and drivable and all org and they r asking 4500

Jack Webb Dragnetmobile!

If the rest of it is really 35,000-mile intact (perfect interior and solid, running 289 that isn't leaking from every seal), rust free (trunk floor, pans, cowl, the works), if you're willing to put the additional $2k-$3k you'll need to get it painted, you understand you'll never get your money out of it, and YOU like it, go for it. Honestly, it looks like a very solid car at first glance - that surface rust is there only because the paint on the top got baked off from the sun. Of course, that's just a glance at internet-distance.

I'm a 4-door nut myself, and would rather put my money in a 4-door that I like and sincerely enjoy (and will never get my money out of) than do up an equivalent 2-door if I'm - personally - more inclined to the 4-door. I have a '68 Plymouth Satellite and a '69 Valiant - both 4-doors, and I prefer them over their 2-door cousins. If I wanted a 2-door Mopar, I would dig up a Charger before I'd consider a 2-door Satellite/GTX.

Ditto with this Fairlane or a Galaxie - give me the 4-door over the two. If I want a 2-door, well, that's what the Mustang is for!

-Kurt

P.S.: In reality, I'd take them all if I had a chance, but I know I have to put the brakes on the collecting obsession somewhere.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgTrying to post more pics. Fighting with me

Engine

Other one

Is that mold and/or seems-to-have-something-eaten-off-of-it on the factory carpet, or are those mats? What's under them? Seats and the rest seem to substantiate that 35k claim.

Engine and "other one" didn't come through at this end.

-Kurt

P.S.: If you're a big guy, think twice about it. Spend lots of time sitting behind that wheel imagining the feel of driving it if it doesn't run at the moment. Unless that bench goes back a bit, you're going to be uncomfortable. The '69 Valiant has taught me that.

A 390 or 428 would have been amazing to find in there. Haha

image.jpg

Is that mold and/or seems-to-have-something-eaten-off-of-it on the factory carpet, or are those mats? ...
It appears to be just the mats from the photo, what can be seen of the carpet looks pretty good. I like the car, if not a rust bucket it could a nice driver, I'm liking the interior.

Capture.JPG

There are worse cars to spend $1,500 on. If the cowl and floorpans are good, and there is no reason to expect the motor or trans to be fouled up - heck, why not?

-Kurt

I'd offer $1000 in a nice way. Then if that didn't work, maybe $1500. and make sure you want it, cause 4 doors are very hard to get rid of.

Back