Value of 2bbl intake and carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill73Ragtop

Long time vintage mustang hobbyist
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible Restomod enhanced.
former owner (25 yrs) of 1973 Convertible, 351c, A/C, RA
Back in 1996 I replaced the original H-code 2 bbl intake and carb with an Edelbrock 4 bbl intake and a small cfm Holley carb.

I recently unearthed the intake and carb I removed back then. Are these worth anything to anyone these days? I would think weight alone would make shipping cost prohibitive.

DSCN1557.JPG

DSCN1558.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
$2 per barrell!

$2 per barrell! ( just kidding!)

Last edited:
I'd pay more for a car with the stock carb than an aftermarket one. What system no longer functions that I would have to repair if I bought your car?

PVC

EGR

Vacuum advance

Idle solenoid

Choke

Choke heat tubes

Proper air/fuel ratio (jets, transfer slots, metering rods, power valves)

Fuel line routing (long pieces of rubber hose or kinks)

Fuel filter

Very rare I see a properly installed aftermarket carb.

All affect how it idles and drives.

Keep it with the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
if its not taking up any space, I would keep it and if you ever sell the car you can also include the Original parts.

every time I upgrade something (example Radio), or remove something (example bumper guards, hubcaps and steel wheels) I keep them in a box, just incase I ever sell the car, the next owner might want to put it all back to stock.

if its not taking up any space, I would keep it and if you ever sell the car you can also include the Original parts.

every time I upgrade something (example Radio), or remove something (example bumper guards, hubcaps and steel wheels) I keep them in a box, just incase I ever sell the car, the next owner might want to put it all back to stock.
This. I hauled the stock iron intake and carb back from Iowa with me. It's not worth anything other than to the next guy who may want to make it a stock restoration. I'm not. :D

My 2BBL carb is missing it's idle advance solenoid and I've yet to be able to find a replacement one, so yeah to me it's worth something! But to anyone else out there, unless they're trying to do an original parts resto, I think you're better keeping it for the next guy.

Back