Vert sits lower on driver side

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made the measurements this morning.... no difference hmmmmm

I think it may be the front suspension that is the cause of the lean in the back. It measures high on the passenger side in front also. When I lean on the front pass fender the rear driver side comes up. I am going to wait until I get the engine/trans installed again and work to fix it at that time. I did not replace the front springs as they looked relatively new and were very close to the same height. I may just cut the pass spring down a bit to level the front and see what happens out back. Again, waiting until I get the drive train back in the car.

I'll keep you informed.

Wrshog, keep us up to date on this one please. I have the same issue except I already have the sub-frame connectors welded on. I replaced absolutely everything on the suspension, uppers, lowers, leafs, coils, shocks, ends you name it and it's new even prothane motor and transmission mounts.

If needed I wll take it to the frame shop and have the sub-frame connectors cut off then re-welded after everything's straight. I have no signs of any damage or rust and like you I figured it would straighten out with new leaf springs and other work.
Finally got the drive train installed, boy this car has fought me every step of the way so far..... My car still has a lean to the driver side but it is only 3/8" or maybe a little less. Everything is tight and it has even been for its maiden voyage .... about 2 miles maybe.. (I look like goof driving with the top down in the snow.) Front has a little bit of a lean also about 1/4" I think it could be simply the height difference in the fenders?? I am thinking of taking a bit off the passenger front coil to level the front and I noticed when I put a little weight on the front passenger fender the rear driver side comes up. This may solve both issue. Any input on cutting the spring up front and will it in-fact raise the driver side?

Wrshog, keep us up to date on this one please. I have the same issue except I already have the sub-frame connectors welded on. I replaced absolutely everything on the suspension, uppers, lowers, leafs, coils, shocks, ends you name it and it's new even prothane motor and transmission mounts.

If needed I wll take it to the frame shop and have the sub-frame connectors cut off then re-welded after everything's straight. I have no signs of any damage or rust and like you I figured it would straighten out with new leaf springs and other work.
Finally got the drive train installed, boy this car has fought me every step of the way so far..... My car still has a lean to the driver side but it is only 3/8" or maybe a little less. Everything is tight and it has even been for its maiden voyage .... about 2 miles maybe.. (I look like goof driving with the top down in the snow.) Front has a little bit of a lean also about 1/4" I think it could be simply the height difference in the fenders?? I am thinking of taking a bit off the passenger front coil to level the front and I noticed when I put a little weight on the front passenger fender the rear driver side comes up. This may solve both issue. Any input on cutting the spring up front and will it in-fact raise the driver side?
My only advise would be make to make a very small cut initially on the coil. It's easy to take more off if you need to but it's a lot harder to put some back.

Here is the geometry

I did this check on my car before I started on it

It's takes a bit of time to get it levelled but will let you know if there is a frame rail issue

782e9a927f7d3b0894c31c6ed35568fe_zps975b8ac2.jpg

I wouldn't trust the floor to be truly flat so I would use a piano wire and good levels and squares

Back