Vertproject update

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible H Code, 351C 2V FMX
OK, I've now got 257.1 miles on the rebuilt 2V (now 4V) Cleveland, and I'm busy saving money for new rear tires because these aren't last long at all, my friends!! :D

I let the school auto shop team take a whack at the exhaust system build, and they did a great job:

Exhaust build (Small).jpg

Can't beat the price, and I think they did a great job:

Exhaust build 2 (Small).jpg

Sounds awesome, too ( I KNOW, vid is on its way)..:p

Next, Jeff73Mach1 had a 3.50 TracLok for an embarassingly low price:

3.50to1 Rear end (Small).JPG

3.50to1 Rear end installed (Small).JPG

(he's still got a 4.11 for sale EVEN CHEAPER!) so we made the deal and it arrived 3 or 4 days later in perfect shape. Took it to the engine builder and he admired it and said I got a great deal. They installed it today, and now my rear tires are disappearing at an alarming rate... YaHoo! ! ! !

Nice, Doc! I sure could've used those kids this past weekend - would've made me look like a fool, since they scratch-built yours, and I was having Hell messing with kit.

what, they couldn't wipe the storage dust off of it?

Got you check today, I take it from this post you are satisfied?

Tomorrow my new Griffin Radiator is due to arrive! Thanks for your help with that!
I am more than satisfied, Jeff! Rebuilt 351C + 3.50 gears + Hookers = Holy @#%$!!! YAHOO!!!

[barry, we need a YAHOO!! emoticon, if there is such a thing... :p ]

Awesome! I was wondering if you'd snag the rear chunk from Jeff. ;)

I can hardly wait for that video.I bet it sounds mean!

Looks good, are those Cherry Bomb mufflers?
They look like Cherry Bombs but they're Trush's, which don't give the same killer ROAR that the CB's on my '74 Nove 350 Quadrajet did in 1980. They sound (even exiting in front of the rear tires) like (OK I'll admit it) some of the ranchers' kids trucks with plain glasspacks with full dual exhaust out the back.

But I've got a video coming up that will certainly show the difference between the two. :D Wonder if I should add it to this thread or look like a showoff and create a new thread. :-/

I am more than satisfied, Jeff! Rebuilt 351C + 3.50 gears + Hookers = Holy @#%$!!! YAHOO!!!
Is it a surprise to anyone that a rear end and hookers get doc ..... satisfied?

I'm with ya, James. Definitely with ya... :p Hopin' you catch the vids and see what's waiting for you (and more, so it seems from your build). Took me a foolish year and a half (hats off to my brain cancer buddy) to get here, but based on the entire build process of "do this, try that" mostly from non 7173 members, I'm experiencing nirvana.

Please disregard any Occupation posts by me, and focus on those from today. Gotta love summer vacations and the 'Stangs for which they were built. Yahoo!!

Back